Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

3 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

What's this wall? I guess it can't be listing every player to play for NUFC...

I haven’t been to the stadium for years, but I think it does, and I could be wrong but I think his kid is from a relationship he had with a local lass who my wife’s former boss’ company used to carry out cleaning for. My wife once cleaned their home in Fenham.

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

An only imagine tiotes bairn running round halfing everything with legs in the playground 

If it is indeed the same kid, I’m sure he’s a decent Sunday kids team locally.

• 7 months later...

Had my Spotify playlist on while driving yesterday and Fort Minor "Remember the Name" came on. 

I downloaded it because it was the soundtrack to that Tiote YouTube vid back in the day. 

Was reminiscing about how good he could be. 

Guest HTT II

My wife used to clean and babysit for his son from his ‘missus in Fenham of all places’, there were like 20 Rolexes all over the place and apparently he bought loads for his family members from that shop in the Metro Centre, him and Carroll spent about 100k each there one day [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My wife used to clean and babysit for his son from his ‘missus in Fenham of all places’, there were like 20 Rolexes all over the place and apparently he bought loads for his family members from that shop in the Metro Centre, him and Carroll spent about 100k each there one day [emoji38]

The one next to M&S?

30 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Prime Tiote in our team today :pedro:

RIP fella!

I'll never forget his performance against Arsenal (not the 4-4 one). Was one at Emirates I think where he dominated Fabregas. Can't remember if it was his first season for us. 

Guest HTT II

He was great that first season for us, players were petrified of him after he smashed into them, apparently he was a very very generous guy with his wealth, liked to play the field, but went to loads of local Muslim/African community events for Eid and stuff, gave presents to kids and so on. 

Edited by HTT II

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Easily one of my three favorite players in the Ashley era. I love that he has a goal that will live on for decades because most of what he did will not be in highlight videos, but at this peak he was really excellent for us.