Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:nods:

Even the centre halves stopped bringing it out because they knew when they did there would be no options.

Jonas and Enrique suffered in the first half, everythime they looked up they were struggling to see anybody in space and ended messing about passing backwards and forwards to each other.

Was as guilty as anyone for not making forward runs yesterday. Infuriating at times. Loves to run along side, or standing still next to Enrique. Rarely makes a forward run for a through ball, seemingly only wants the ball played directly onto his right foot while standing still.

Hughton first saw Tiote a couple of years ago apparently when he was sent by Keegan to watch him.

Who said this?

CH said: “He was one we’d looked at over a longer period. I saw him a couple of years ago but Newcastle’s scouts knew him even before then, when he was in Belgium. It was a long process, but we were delighted to get our man and he’s proving us right at the moment.”

Hope he keeps this up. Ace start to his career here, and can only get better with understanding of the players around him. I still get the feeling he's doing his own thing somewhat, not that it's affecting him negatively so far.

Guest Heneage

What was with that weird stomp style of sprint he does? Other than that he's fantastic, gives us a real steel in midfield and considering he cost under £5m I'm chuffed, he will only get better imo.

What was with that weird stomp style of sprint he does? Other than that he's fantastic, gives us a real steel in midfield and considering he cost under £5m I'm chuffed, he will only get better imo.

Covers the ground so well, though. Just fucking eats the pitch up.

He does the Parker spin about twice as fast as Parker can. Keeps the ball so well when we're under pressure, then finds a team-mate. Brilliant in the tackle too. Basically, just what the doctor ordered for our midfield.

He does the Parker spin about twice as fast as Parker can. Keeps the ball so well when we're under pressure, then finds a team-mate. Brilliant in the tackle too. Basically, just what the doctor ordered for our midfield.

Parker would do the spin and play the ball backwards, Tiote does it and goes forwards.  He's starting to look like a massive find for the club and he's looking like he's always played in this league.

I saw him live last week and was a little disappointed after reading reviews on here and listening to the Everton game live on radio 5 whilst waiting for the RAC but tonight WOW! Brillinat performance owened the midfield fantastic in the tackle and qulaity on the ball.