Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Williamson with 2 assists i believe, solid game from the big fella

Fantastic game for him and Colo. He makes some very smart tackles.

Totally bossed Carew, and had a tidy game against Man U (result a side). Could be one tidy defender at this rate.

Joey Barton has just given an excellent interview on Talksport.

Team spirit sounds absolutely sky high. Spoke really well about how the whole squad are together and that they had a game plan today to stifle Petrov and Ireland. Basically, he read in the paper that Petrov was tipped to be the winner in a midfield of Barton v Petrov so he told Smith to take care of Ireland and he would sort Petrov out. Said Petrov disappeared after he tackled him (when he was booked).

Also had a dig at Andy Gray for tipping NUFC to struggle  :lol:

What did he say about Gray ?

This place sometimes. :lol:

It helped that Ireland was in midfield for them. Thought Smith and Barton did well today and ran the show after the first 20 or so minutes. Keep it up (Barton in particular).

Guest firetotheworks

I feel like I've had MDMA tbh, I'm fucking away with it. Life is spectacular.

Williamson was very good, but as most have said, it's pointless picking probably anyone but Jose and Carroll, and possibly Barton out, because we were brilliant across the board. Except Harper, who wasn't fit to wear the shirt.  :aww:

I feel like I've had MDMA tbh, I'm fucking away with it. Life is spectacular.

Williamson was very good, but as most have said, it's pointless picking probably anyone but Jose and Carroll, and possibly Barton out, because we were brilliant across the board. Except Harper, who wasn't fit to wear the shirt.  :aww:

:lol:

What did he say about Gray ?

Not much to be honest but basically said "People like Andy Gray tipping us to struggle... Based on what? We won the Championship comfortably last year".

It made me smile that he named him outright.

Harper - 6

Perch - 8

Enrique - 8

Coloccini - 8

Williamson - 8

Routledge - 7

Jonas - 7

Barton - 9

Smith - 8

Nolan - 9

Carroll - 10

Ameobi - 7, R.Taylor - 6, Xisco - 5.

Xisco had an assist.

Aye, and a brilliant pass, tbf.

Joey Barton has just given an excellent interview on Talksport.

Team spirit sounds absolutely sky high. Spoke really well about how the whole squad are together and that they had a game plan today to stifle Petrov and Ireland. Basically, he read in the paper that Petrov was tipped to be the winner in a midfield of Barton v Petrov so he told Smith to take care of Ireland and he would sort Petrov out. Said Petrov disappeared after he tackled him (when he was booked).

Also had a dig at Andy Gray for tipping NUFC to struggle  :lol:

He is a prize knob, but you have to love him!

I thought Barton was good today. Out of the three slow central midfielders playing he's the one who actually has some ability and can make us play.

Great game, fantastic goal.. needs to recreate more performances like this before he can believe his own hype.

Guest johnson293

Not long back from then game... the bairn absolutely loved it!!

After his first ever match last season (4-1 v Blackpool), he now thinks he's the lucky mascot, and wants to go to the next home game too!!

Its gonna cost me a fortune this season now!!

Fantastic performance from all the lads, and so happy for Carroll in his first home match wearing no. 9.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He compensates with his lack of pace with some excellent reading of the game, as well as his strong composure and aerial ability.

He compensates with his lack of pace with some excellent reading of the game, as well as his strong composure and aerial ability.

I don't actually think he is that slow. I do agree with the other points. He generally seems fairly strong at everything, nothing outstanding but solid as fuck.