Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

But really, you have no idea what his contract looks like.

http://media.twirlit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nicolas-cage-you-dont-say.jpg

There's quotes on this page which spell it our fairly clearly. Add in what golfmag said days before Pardew was even mentioned for the job and  :whistle:

You keep pretending that you do know, or at least have some idea, what his contract looks like, so I don't see your point trying to be funny with that meme.

And as I have just bloody said, what golfmag said (why this is to be taken as gospel, I do not know. Just because some of it may have been true doesn't mean every piece of information he got is) is completely irrelevant to his current contract.

This is of course completely irrelevant to Steven Taylor and in my humble opinion, you're a plank and not someone I want to debate with, so I'll just leave it at that.

But really, you have no idea what his contract looks like.

http://media.twirlit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nicolas-cage-you-dont-say.jpg

There's quotes on this page which spell it our fairly clearly. Add in what golfmag said days before Pardew was even mentioned for the job and  :whistle:

You keep pretending that you do know, or at least have some idea, what his contract looks like, so I don't see your point trying to be funny with that meme.

And as I have just bloody said, what golfmag said (why this is to be taken as gospel, I do not know. Just because some of it may have been true doesn't mean every piece of information he got is) is completely irrelevant to his current contract.

This is of course completely irrelevant to Steven Taylor and in my humble opinion, you're a plank and not someone I want to debate with, so I'll just leave it at that.

:mince: Be a good boy and put me on ignore.

Lotus, how would you know this? (paid less)

Pardew's wages are linked with our wage bill and our debt. It's also possible that his wages are linked to league position, qualifying for Europe, cup wins, etc. Couldn't say. We know that they are linked to the wage bill and the debt though. So, if he thinks he can get by with what we have then that's what will happen. Logical enough. It's his job and he has a set of objectives that can affect what he earns, naturally enough, they will influence his decisions. As they would yours and mine.

Have i missed something?  I mean I've seen people mention it before, but never thought anything of it other than speculative bollocks.

How would anyone 'know' this? (aside from Pardew etc obviously)

Its bollocks, good bollocks but bollocks all the same.

From a "club source" just before Pardew took over...

“Two or three experienced people in football have been sounded out and told those are the terms and conditions.

“All have been told the same thing; they will be rewarded for results and results only. There will be no £1.5million signing-on fee and no compensation clauses in their contract. The bottom line is Mike Ashley wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it. The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash to spend and nor will he be handed a contract which means he can be rewarded for failure.

“He will be handsomely rewarded if he brings success to Newcastle United and will not be rewarded if he fails. Mike Ashley wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land. But he wants a manager on his terms and those terms are simple; every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.

“The club will be run along the same lines that Mike pays his top executives at Sports Direct – a very good basic wage but big bonuses for results.

“The new manager will be expected to buy into the new vision. You get paid by results, developing the club and moving it forward.

“The old guard in football are saying we have never done this before. Ashley might end up with egg all over his face but in five years’ time the cynics might be thinking otherwise. I don’t think any club in England would be run like this but this is a businessman running a football club as a business. Whether that is right or wrong only time will tell.”

“They have talked to two or three people, laying out the terms and conditions and then asking, ‘Are you brave enough to take it on?’

“We will find out which one is brave enough to do that on Thursday or Friday. Mike wants the club run to Ashley rules, not football rules. That means no signing-on fee and no big compensation clauses in their contracts. There can be no rewards for failure.”

“The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash. Mike wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land, but he wants one on his terms and those terms are simple.

“Every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.The bottom line is that Mike wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it.”

“Martin (Jol) has put himself in a good position, but he would have to accept these terms and conditions and it would not be a way he has worked before.”

You what? Neither off those quotes, wherever they have been dragged from, back up Lotus' argument in any way whatsoever. :lol:

In fact they offer almost exactly the opposite, what sounds like a sensible approach compared to the made up ravings of a tin foil be-topped lunatic.

"A Newcastle FC insider made an interesting claim to us. The story goes that while manager Alan Pardew draws a relatively low basic salary, he stands to earn much bigger amounts in bonuses based around the profit he makes for the club on player sales. Which would have made Andy Carroll's 35m transfer rather good business. And Jose Enrique's imminent transfer to Man Utd or Liverpool more likely than the "fantastic new contract"said to be on offer."

Whether it's true or not it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was, especially after last summer.

Who's this us out of interest? :shifty:

Before he got injured last season he looked like he had ironed out a lot of his flaws and improved massively. This season for me he's reverted to type and is getting turned too easily and seems to be marking space a lot of the time.

The injuries are just getting silly now, and January can't come soon enough.

The big worry is whether any of the players we'd targeted would still be interested if we continue in the God awful manner in which we're playing at the moment. :undecided:

Never mind that, why exactly will the prices be lower now we're desperate?

The injuries are just getting silly now, and January can't come soon enough.

The big worry is whether any of the players we'd targeted would still be interested if we continue in the God awful manner in which we're playing at the moment. :undecided:

Never mind that, why exactly will the prices be lower now we're desperate?

Half of the ones we seem to be linked with are freebies at the end of the season, so I'd hope so. One positive is that we can pretty much guarantee any potential centreback a starting spot at the moment.  :laugh:

Appalling fitness record, actually feel sorry for him because he is a committed player for all his faults, I thought he was brilliant in the first half of last season. Unfortunately though he cant be relied upon, and frustratingly, we all knew that.

Last 4 seasons:

21 out of 46

14 out of 38

14 out of 38

11 out of 24 (on 1/2/2013)

:scared:

Less than Owen?

That's an atroicious record and it makes our decision not too buy a centre back even more absurd.

Guest neesy111

That fitness

Last 4 seasons:

21 out of 46

14 out of 38

14 out of 38

Less than Owen?

That's an atroicious record and it makes our decision not too buy a centre back even more absurd.

Surely that's nearly at Woodgate fitness levels.

That fitness

Last 4 seasons:

21 out of 46

14 out of 38

14 out of 38

Less than Owen?

Surely that's nearly at Woodgate fitness levels.

37 in 1.5 seasons for Woody.

79 in 4 seasons for Owen.

67 in 3.5 seasons for Taylor (I've incl. cups)

Before he got injured last season he looked like he had ironed out a lot of his flaws and improved massively. This season for me he's reverted to type and is getting turned too easily and seems to be marking space a lot of the time.

The defending for Maritimo's equaliser was horrendous.  Just squares him up, gets flat footed, then throws his hands up in the air and stands still  :hmm:

Real pub league stuff.

• 2 weeks later...