Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Taylor's great, man. He's so socially awkward.

I'm imaging him just walking around around like David Brent when puts on the red nose in the comic relief episode cracking up at himself

• 1 month later...
Alan Pardew has urged Roy Hodgson to consider calling Steven Taylor into his England squad. The Newcastle United centre-half has been in fine form since returning from a long-term hamstring injury and shone against Peter Crouch as his side beat Stoke City 2-1 at St James' Park.

"Steven Taylor's was an immense performance," said the Newcastle manager. "It was England standard. They need to look at him at centre-half. It's a problem position for England but Steven was immense against Crouch."

Looks like another massive misjudgment of a player's quality by talent spotter Pards.

Personally think he would do better that both starting CBs atm but we'll never get to see it, that's not a reflection on his ability more a reflection on how bad the incumbents are and how they appear to be undropable.

Personally think he would do better that both starting CBs atm but we'll never get to see it, that's not a reflection on his ability more a reflection on how bad the incumbents are and how they appear to be undropable.

Nah. Tayls shits his pants each time Aguero or any pacey forward comes around.

I'd argue he deals better with pace than Williamson and Colo.

I'd argue him and Williamson should have been tried as a partnership far before now, but for some reason they have never been given a chance to prove their worth as a partnership despite having a better understanding of the English game than most others.

I'd argue him and Williamson should have been tried as a partnership far before now, but for some reason they have never been given a chance to prove their worth as a partnership despite having a better understanding of the English game than most others.

They had a run together last season, which coincided with our worst form for the season. They are both shit defenders.

Taylor's problem is he's neither the captain nor is he a giant we can hoof free kicks and corners at.

Therefore he's got fuck all chance of playing. Same problem Mapou had. Selecting CBs is nothing to do with ability in Pardewland.

They had a run together last season, which coincided with our worst form for the season. They are both shit defenders.

:tumbleweed:

;)

• 3 weeks later...