Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In terms of England, if he continues this form to the next friendly it would be a joke if he didn't get a call up and a cap. But that is ages away, and there's very little chance it will stay up there for that long. Hope he proves me wrong.

Jagielka, Lescott and Dawson is his major rivals for the final spot in the defence part of the squad. He simply has to prove himself better than these between now and the end of the season to go to Euro's.

Capello really should drop Ferdinand as he has completely lost it imo, but that would never happen.

Providing everyone is fit it's...

Rio and Terry

Cahill, Smalling & Jones

Jagielka, Alien, Carthorse and other "form defenders"

Taylor has come on leaps and bounds this season but there is only a tiny chance he'll get selected plus I don't think he has the ball skills for an international centre back (neither does Terry like but that's a separate discussion)

you know I really don't get what everyone sees as so special in Cahill, to me he's a reasonably good but not great defender but the media really big him up

He's not amazing but he is decent on the ball which is so much more of an issue in the slower paced European/International game.

Everytime I think of Taylor, I picture him in my mind being shot by a sniper versus Aston Villa.

Every time I visualize Taylor, he's going nuts with his arms in the air, and the Stallone mouth going with the crazy eyes at 10.

I can see him being called up to the next squad if he keeps up his current form.

while I agree he deserves at least a call up I can't see it happening, Capello just doesn't seem to pay attention to Newcastle or Sunderland when looking for players

I can see him being called up to the next squad if he keeps up his current form.

while I agree he deserves at least a call up I can't see it happening, Capello just doesn't seem to pay attention to Newcastle or Sunderland when looking for players

Like when he called up Carroll and Henderson?

Let's not jump on a player who has made a mistake but has generally looked good all season and some were even talking up the prospect of an England place a matter of hours ago, makes us look like Mackems.

Guess this is why he backs off so much when the opposition player has the ball. Like Simpson, he can't tackle for shit, only intercept.

Bollocks, just got it wrong this time and punished for it, rightly so.

There's only one person having a go at him. :lol:

Guess this is why he backs off so much when the opposition player has the ball. Like Simpson, he can't tackle for shit, only intercept.

mong

Good counting, bro.

There's only one person having a go at him. :lol:

Guess this is why he backs off so much when the opposition player has the ball. Like Simpson, he can't tackle for s***, only intercept.

mong

Good counting, bro.

:lol: