Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That was old-school Taylor there. Doing before thinking and getting it wrong.

But that's the first time i've seen it in, what, 720 minutes this season (and as a result of another player(s) mistake)? Had a great game otherwise.

Eh? He did the exactly same thing last week against Wolves but the blind ref gave them a freekick instead.

And? Drop him and put Williamson in? He had a lapse, one all match.

That was old-school Taylor there. Doing before thinking and getting it wrong.

But that's the first time i've seen it in, what, 720 minutes this season (and as a result of another player(s) mistake)? Had a great game otherwise.

Eh? He did the exactly same thing last week against Wolves but the blind ref gave them a freekick instead.

Fair point tbh, that had slipped my mind. It probably is cause for concern then really, for him to do it two games on the bounce. His all-round play, however, has been some of the best i've seen from him. I'd argue he's playing as consistently as he ever has in his career; i was all for shipping him out and putting the whole Steven Taylor thing behind us this summer... but he's come good. No doubt about it.

He just proper loves pointing.

There was one point where he was running towwards the ball with no-one near him, and he was still waving his arms about like a loon.

Would love to know what he was saying to Adebayor after the pen decision.

Guest icemanblue

There was one point where he was running towwards the ball with no-one near him, and he was still waving his arms about like a loon.

He got a rocket from Colo when Spurs broke down our right, with Simspon caught out of position (shock!). He was backtracking to the centre whilst pointing at the loose ball. Fuck knows who he thought was going to get it for him, like. :lol:

He got a rocket from Colo when Spurs broke down our right, with Simspon caught out of position (shock!). He was backtracking to the centre whilst pointing at the loose ball. Fuck knows who he thought was going to get it for him, like. :lol:

Yeah I remember that now :lol: was wondering who the fuck he thought was going to challenge for it.

He got a rocket from Colo when Spurs broke down our right, with Simspon caught out of position (shock!). He was backtracking to the centre whilst pointing at the loose ball. f*** knows who he thought was going to get it for him, like. :lol:

Yeah I remember that now :lol: was wondering who the f*** he thought was going to challenge for it.

I almost ruptured my oesophagus when that happened. Taylor really is something else at times. Definitely partially mental.

Quite dissapointed that he made the exact same mistake he did against Wolves, after a fortunate escape last time around. It's like he thought it meant he could always get away with it because of that. Despite much improvement will always be the kind of defender that could do something insane at any given moment.

He's really benefiting from Colo, I think that's the main reason for the step up recently. Every game he does one or two things that you'd expect out of him from the last few years, but they do seem to be cutting down a bit. Just needs to step back for half a second and think before doing something so aggressive.

He got a rocket from Colo when Spurs broke down our right, with Simspon caught out of position (shock!). He was backtracking to the centre whilst pointing at the loose ball. f*** knows who he thought was going to get it for him, like. :lol:

Yeah I remember that now :lol: was wondering who the f*** he thought was going to challenge for it.

I almost ruptured my oesophagus when that happened. Taylor really is something else at times. Definitely partially mental.

Quite dissapointed that he made the exact same mistake he did against Wolves, after a fortunate escape last time around. It's like he thought it meant he could always get away with it because of that. Despite much improvement will always be the kind of defender that could do something insane at any given moment.

except they were totally differing situations. at wolves he didn't even need to make the challange, on saturday he did and the majority of defenders in the country would have done the same. it was good play by adebayor, poor play from cabaye. some are giving colo blame but i don't see it, thats the way footballs played, push the ball to midfielder who hopefully can drag the oppo out of position allowing him to lay it back and him or someone else to exploit the gap left. it's not like he was in a 50-50 as he received the ball.

He's really benefiting from Colo, I think that's the main reason for the step up recently. Every game he does one or two things that you'd expect out of him from the last few years, but they do seem to be cutting down a bit. Just needs to step back for half a second and think before doing something so aggressive.

and yet colo is the one who has undergone the massive improvement.

After a broken jaw, a nose isn't so bad tbh. At least you can still breathe through your mouth, it's a bit harder chewing through the nose.

:lol:

You can still breathe through your nose with a broken nose. (EDIT. it needs a dislocation for it to be hard to breathe) :lol: And a broken nose isn't that bad. Had mine broken twice in 10 months and you only get headache for a couple of days and then your fine. Sure its very sore for a while. but that's something you can live with as a professional footballer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was it Andy O'Brien who was told that if his nose was broken one more time he'd have trouble breathing through it?  :lol:

Was it Andy O'Brien who was told that if his nose was broken one more time he'd have trouble breathing through it?  :lol:

With that nose of his, he must have broken it so many times its ridiculous.