Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Williamson had an impressive run of form last season, where people were quiet right to consider his ability against Taylor's.

Really?  Taylor played the best football of his career before getting injured against Chelsea and I thought he was a massive miss.

Also our first season back up it can be said Williamson played consistently decent whilst Taylor was unavailable. Seems to be the latter stages of the last campaign and all of this one where Williamson has really suffered in form and confidence.

Without doubt Taylor is better however.

Wonder how many folk still think Williamson is better than him.

Did anyone think this?

Unbelievably, yes.  Can't speak for this site but a few people I know did.

About 90% of this board did, it was horrific,

Who the hell thinks Williamson is better?  :lol: never seen anyone say that.

I remember this, discussing who was our best CB partnership. I'm sure it was 'willcini'

Wonder how many folk still think Williamson is better than him.

Did anyone think this?

Unbelievably, yes.  Can't speak for this site but a few people I know did.

About 90% of this board did, it was horrific,

There was a time frame when Williamson's form was probably on a par with Taylor's. Both were excellent for us in the Championship next to Coloccini and even our managers thought there wasn't much between them.

Taylor's shown in the last 18 months though that he's now the better of the two and quite comfortably so.

I must admit it's great now having the options that we do in the centre of our defence.

Hopefully Colo stays in the summer, then we can sell Williamson and either have Perch as fourth choice but also look to give the likes of Streete and Satka opportunities if they look like they are ready for it. :thup:

If colo goes, which I think is what will happen and best thing all round (due to circumstances) Taylor and Mbiwa although a little short, should make a good pairing, certainly quality is good enough for what we want but injuiries for Taylor means this can never be relied on. Bring in Douglas (if we're still after him) and I think once the dust settles that's a great trio to go in to the future with.

Williamson can stay or go, it makes very little difference. Though I do also think him playing a lesser role suits him, he'll come in now and then and do much better than he has been doing.

Douglas in and colo out for no fees is good enough tbh, we could afford to let colo go.

Jesus, I never knew that. LOL at it though obviously

Players performances go up and down, Williamson has actually played well at times and he will have been judged at that time on those performances.

Guest pedroandbarnes

The difference between Taylor playing it out not hoofing compared to Williamson it is immeasurable imo.

Mapou is better but taylor is the only English player  :buck2: Pardew  :angel:

I must admit it's great now having the options that we do in the centre of our defence.

Hopefully Colo stays in the summer, then we can sell Williamson and either have Perch as fourth choice but also look to give the likes of Streete and Satka opportunities if they look like they are ready for it. :thup:

Dude, you know as well as I do that he'll be off. As much chance of him staying as there is us finishing 4th.

Yeah, clearly but there has never been a time when Willo was better than Taylor imo

That's debatable, or at least it was.

I don't it ever was a debate to be honest.  It was always clear who was better.

One problem with Taylor yesterday was he kept jumping with his hands straight up in air. It could easily have resulted in a penalty if the ball had hit one of his hands.

Saw him do it twice, not sure what he was doing. First one was given as a freekick IIRC.

One problem with Taylor yesterday was he kept jumping with his hands straight up in air. It could easily have resulted in a penalty if the ball had hit one of his hands.

Saw him do it twice, not sure what he was doing. First one was given as a freekick IIRC.

Yes, it might have been twice he did it. I saw Pardew call him over (I think it was when Ba was down) probably to tell him to keep his hands down!

Who the hell thinks Williamson is better?  :lol: never seen anyone say that.

I remember this, discussing who was our best CB partnership. I'm sure it was 'willcini'

Yes there was a time when a large number of people here honestly believed Williamson is a better option than Taylor.

I can remember a lot of people thinking that Colo and Williamson was a decent partnership and that Taylor shouldn't automatically come back in.

This was certainly the case in 2010/11. The partnership wasn't that bad back then.