Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He needs a run of games,  and as we've seen in the past when that happens he's a very good central defender. When he's rusty he isn't. He doesn't get much leeway on here mind. He was blamed in some quarters here for Manchester City's first goal last week when it was more Williamson not recognising he needed to put the ball out for a corner. And he rarely gets kudos when he does good things. It's just the ridiculous errors that really shouldn't be in his game with the experience he has that irritate me but as I say with a run of games, I'm sure he'd be back to his best. Whether he gets them is probably unlikely.

Fine as 4th choice CB, nothing more

You've said that about Williamson. You wanna make up your mind.

And Williamson is nothing more than that. Ideally we would sack them both off and get someone decent in.

What's happened to remi streete these days? Going the usual route of showing promise, hailed as the next big thing, wanked over by super fans, let down by shit coaching and disappearing into oblivion? Should probably through some ling term injuries somewhere in between.

He needs a run of games,  and as we've seen in the past when that happens he's a very good central defender. When he's rusty he isn't. He doesn't get much leeway on here mind. He was blamed in some quarters here for Manchester City's first goal last week when it was more Williamson not recognising he needed to put the ball out for a corner. And he rarely gets kudos when he does good things. It's just the ridiculous errors that really shouldn't be in his game with the experience he has that irritate me but as I say with a run of games, I'm sure he'd be back to his best. Whether he gets them is probably unlikely.

I actually think he's done well in the last 3 games considering he's back from injury. If Coloccini, Williamson or MYM had been beaten to the ball by Dzeko last Sunday nobody would've said a word.

Other then there goal today, in which he just miss timed his header, I don't think he had a bad game, and tbh in the last couple of games Williamson has probably been more of a liability then Taylor.

Fine as 4th choice CB, nothing more

You've said that about Williamson. You wanna make up your mind.

Have I though?

If I have, whenever I said it (before his recent run of form), would you have thought it an outlandish statement?

Also, I don't think saying that about either player is a bad summary.

He's a crock of s*** and has been for years.

Loads of times Bramble got pelters yet Taylor partnering him was worse and got away with it cos he was a local lad playing up to the crowd.

Agree with that, mind. Taylor got away with absolute murder for years while people like me got slaughtered (at the game and on here) for telling it like it was.

Now I think he's better than better than Mike Williamson and apparently that makes me his no.1 fan. There really is a lot of stupid people supporting our club.

Also, it's there really are a lot of stupid people.

Guest TurboTrev

Can't understand all the saylor hate?  He's a decent player who's just coming back from being out of the first team for months.  MYM is the biggest weakness we've got, his positional play is appalling.

Guest neesy111

Can't understand all the saylor hate?  He's a decent player who's just coming back from being out of the first team for months.  MYM is the biggest weakness we've got, his positional play is appalling.

:anguish:

Hi Alf.  :bluestar:

:lol:

Just can't stand defenders who are that thick. He could be amazing at a number of things but when your braincells let you down that badly so often then it negates all that. He's injured half the time too, needs to be replaced or fourth choice at a push.

Guest bimpy474

The lack of reaction from him is amazing. Comparing it Willo's, Willo did the same thing against Arsenal when Colo lost Giroud for their goal.

Willo's has turned me this season, it really is Willo plus one. Amazing turn around but it's all Willo's doing with his excellent performances.

Guest bimpy474

The lack of reaction from him is amazing. Comparing it Willo's, Willo did the same thing against Arsenal when Colo lost Giroud for their goal.

Willo's has turned me this season, it really is Willo plus one. Amazing turn around but it's all Willo's doing with his excellent performances.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dhi9p4.gif

Oh yeah :lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'm not a huge Taylor fan myself but I think he's done alright. The only worry I have is that both him and Willo look dodgy when they try to pass the ball  in defense. I won't be surprised if we concede from a backpass in the coming weeks. A bit like City last week we looked rattled and finding it hard to pass from the back. If it wasn't for that good counterattack goal which gave some confidence  we would have struggled in the first half.  :lol: Also Taylor was guilty of hacking out of play a few times when instead if he had a bit of composure he could pick the right pass but I won't complain if he's adopting this new "no mess" attitude.