Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

First one out of the tunnel before kick off, does a couple of show-offy sprinting thingies and then runs right up to the Gallowgate and does a double fist-pump thing. And the worst bit is, the c***s in the crowd f***ing applauded and cheered him for it.

I wonder if the same tossers were clapping and laughing when this useless f***ing arsehole completely lost Campbell for the Cardiff winner?

I've absolutely had enough of this dick now. I really hope he doesn't feature at all and then gets sold in the summer.

The same tossers will be the ones singing for Pardew, Shola and Nicky Butt when he was here and shite.

First one out of the tunnel before kick off, does a couple of show-offy sprinting thingies and then runs right up to the Gallowgate and does a double fist-pump thing. And the worst bit is, the cunts in the crowd fucking applauded and cheered him for it.

I wonder if the same tossers were clapping and laughing when this useless fucking arsehole completely lost Campbell for the Cardiff winner?

I've absolutely had enough of this dick now. I really hope he doesn't feature at all and then gets sold in the summer.

Same wankers who regard letting off a smokebomb and dropping it in front of their seat as "Geordie boys, taking the piss". Not quite sure who they were taking the piss out of but the smoke seemed to entertain them. Not that difficult obviously.

Never thought I'd find myself at a game thinking "God I wish Williamson was playing"

I know I think most thought that but I guess we have to give him some slack its been a long time since he has played.

First one out of the tunnel before kick off, does a couple of show-offy sprinting thingies and then runs right up to the Gallowgate and does a double fist-pump thing. And the worst bit is, the c***s in the crowd f***ing applauded and cheered him for it.

I wonder if the same tossers were clapping and laughing when this useless f***ing arsehole completely lost Campbell for the Cardiff winner?

All for this, been banging this drum for too long :clap:

Thought he might have tamed his ways given his long spell on the side lines and his crying in the media but nope, turned out to be the same cunt we had in the first game of the season. Sell him.

His self-proclaimed "Mr Geordie" image has really increased his ego and that does hinder his ability to play his game - he pretty much uses such an image to hide from his mistakes. Having said that,  we've seen on many occasions that he is a solid CB on his day so for that reason, I'd keep him on. Unfortunately he is still prone to some naive/daft decisions which he must remove from his game as soon as possible.

His self-proclaimed "Mr Geordie" image has really increased his ego and that does hinder his ability to play his game - he pretty much uses such an image to hide from his mistakes. Having said that,  we've seen on many occasions that he is a solid CB on his day so for that reason, I'd keep him on. Unfortunately he is still prone to some naive/daft decisions which he must remove from his game as soon as possible.

Agree with this like. But the thing is he's 27 now - how much more time does a defender need to learn not to do daft shit? The sort of thing he's prone to is what you could expect from a young player, but he's way passed that point now. Sadly I don't think he has the footballing intelligence to ever rid himself of these errors :/

Agree with this like. But the thing is he's 27 now - how much more time does a defender need to learn not to do daft shit? The sort of thing he's prone to is what you could expect from a young player, but he's way passed that point now. Sadly I don't think he has the footballing intelligence to ever rid himself of these errors :/

agree with this but I'd still hold onto him he is capable when with the right partner to be a reasonably reliable cb with the occasional lapse into insanity. 5th place season the games he appeared in he was a big part of what was done right at that point and him and Colo were a good pairing. He needs to look back at what he was doing then and try and return to that mindset otherwise he will be sitting on the bench for quite a while.

My brother has the same circle of friends and often see's Steven Taylor, and Taylor has said Pardew has hardly said a word to him ( and a handful of others) since the Mackem game.

Oddly he also said that he doesn't think Pardew will be there next month.

Agree with this like. But the thing is he's 27 now - how much more time does a defender need to learn not to do daft s***? The sort of thing he's prone to is what you could expect from a young player, but he's way passed that point now. Sadly I don't think he has the footballing intelligence to ever rid himself of these errors :/

Like I say, think he uses his "fist pumping/bigging up the crowd" act to hide from his mistakes. Once he stops playing up to that persona and actually concentrate on what's happening on the field, we'll see the Taylor from 2011/12 again imo. Needs a kick right up the arse, his time away from the team should be a wake up call.

My brother has the same circle of friends and often see's Steven Taylor, and Taylor has said Pardew has hardly said a word to him ( and a handful of others) since the Mackem game.

Oddly he also said that he doesn't think Pardew will be there next month.

Can't see any reason he wouldn't be here next month tbh he ain't gonna walk or he'd have gone the moment JFK bullshitted his way back into the club. And he's not likely to get sacked in the near future.

Agree with this like. But the thing is he's 27 now - how much more time does a defender need to learn not to do daft s***? The sort of thing he's prone to is what you could expect from a young player, but he's way passed that point now. Sadly I don't think he has the footballing intelligence to ever rid himself of these errors :/

Like I say, think he uses his "fist pumping/bigging up the crowd" act to hide from his mistakes. Once he stops playing up to that persona and actually concentrate on what's happening on the field, we'll see the Taylor from 2011/12 again imo. Needs a kick right up the arse, his time away from the team should be a wake up call.

Yeah I think so too. I'm not disputing his ability and really don't mind the crowd stuff if I'm honest, but if the lads just gets his shit together mentally, stops switching off and/or making bizarre decisions I can't see him being a bad player with a more intelligent and commanding CB next to him