Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would rather he stayed, he is a decent CB and we need strength in depth HOWEVER he cannot stay fit and if I was sure he would be replaced with a quality CB then bye bye.

Cannot whinge about not getting games in a team doing well when you cannot stay fit.

Would prefer to see him moved on and upgraded, but can't see it happening. Ashley is Ashley and we seem to hang our hat on him in respect of getting an academy lad in the first team squad - especially if Shola doesn't get a new deal. Dummett and Sameobi aren't getting the chance because of Haidara and, inexplicably, Obertan respectively.

I want him to stay, always a decent backup to have and good to have players who genuinely love the club.

He's not good backup because he's injured too much.

Fair point I suppose but having 3 defenders ahead of him means he doesn't play enough to get injured so that kinda works

From his site (steventaylor27.com):

Every year for me at Newcastle United has been a challenge and this season has been no different. I have faced competition at the club since I came through the ranks and I thrive on that. As a footballer, the best thing is playing games. I’m fit and available for selection. All I can do is knuckle down and work hard in training. I am not a player who is happy to sit on the bench and pick up my wages. I want to play, but I am not someone who sulks behind the scenes. It is important for me to keep my fitness up so I am ready to play, and it was good to get 90 minutes for the reserves on Friday. When I met with the gaffer on early in the week I didn’t know if I would be involved against Crystal Palace, but I asked to play for the Under-21s against Norwich City. I have been doing extra work with the strength and conditioning coach, but I needed a game and it was great to be out there again. Obviously it meant I was not involved the following day at Selhurst Park where the lads got a fantastic result. I remember playing at Palace in the Championship and it’s a tight pitch and a difficult place to play. We knew it would be a tough game, but we competed across the pitch and our quality shone through. We are in a great position going into the Boxing Day game against Stoke City, and we want to keep this run going. Finally, I just want to wish all our supporters a Happy Christmas. Hopefully you will have a lot more to cheer about next year

From his site (steventaylor27.com):

Every year for me at Newcastle United has been a challenge and this season has been no different. I have faced competition at the club since I came through the ranks and I thrive on that. As a footballer, the best thing is playing games. I’m fit and available for selection. All I can do is knuckle down and work hard in training. I am not a player who is happy to sit on the bench and pick up my wages. I want to play, but I am not someone who sulks behind the scenes. It is important for me to keep my fitness up so I am ready to play, and it was good to get 90 minutes for the reserves on Friday. When I met with the gaffer on early in the week I didn’t know if I would be involved against Crystal Palace, but I asked to play for the Under-21s against Norwich City. I have been doing extra work with the strength and conditioning coach, but I needed a game and it was great to be out there again. Obviously it meant I was not involved the following day at Selhurst Park where the lads got a fantastic result. I remember playing at Palace in the Championship and it’s a tight pitch and a difficult place to play. We knew it would be a tough game, but we competed across the pitch and our quality shone through. We are in a great position going into the Boxing Day game against Stoke City, and we want to keep this run going. Finally, I just want to wish all our supporters a Happy Christmas. Hopefully you will have a lot more to cheer about next year

Scum!

I want him to stay, always a decent backup to have and good to have players who genuinely love the club.

Quite expensive for a backup player. Willo has a half of Stevie's wage only if not even less. Taylor must be on one the best wages at the club I guess. I'd get rid of him while we still can get something for him!