Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Him and Colo are good together. They did well at the start of the 11/12 season.

true the problem is Taylor while indeed having all the talent to be a good prem level cb is prone to the most moronic of decisions and gets injured a lot.

Guest antz1uk

What did he actually get booked for? Is standing offside an offence?

(I know he was being a worky ticket bellend)

Unsporting behavior. Good decision I think, cut it out straight away.

yep, makes me cringe everytime i see him acting the goat

We've conceded 1 goal in 3 games since he came back into the team - he's doing very well.

Too Geordie though.

Agreed another very good game bar the minor stupidity for the set plays ! Yep if he was French or South American the fickle majority on here would be gizzling in their spiderman y fronts ha !

We've conceded 1 goal in 3 games since he came back into the team - he's doing very well.

Too Geordie though.

Agreed another very good game bar the minor stupidity for the set plays ! Yep if he was French or South American the fickle majority on here would be gizzling in their spiderman y fronts ha !

What the fuck is gizzling?

Too Geordie though.

Aye, because Colo has had an easy ride on here.  We fucking loved Boumsong anarl.

Really shocked he didn't get a second card, hopefully that's the end of the stupid s**** in the box.

Another win and another clean sheet, what a total c***.

:lol: :lol:

Was reading the start of your post thinking you might have been a fan of him, due to your :pards: insight of the summer. Completely lost it when I read the bit in bold.

• 2 weeks later...

Which paper was it that's didn't realise that was actually Vurn? I'm thinking it was probably the Mail

The BBC for one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25062250

22 November 2013 Last updated at 22:34

Steven Taylor: Defender given warning after controversial tweet

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has been warned about his use of social media by the Football Association.

Taylor, 27, caused controversy last week after saying "it's always good to see you guys smiling" when tweeting an image to four of his black team-mates.

He deleted the post, which contained pictures showing stereotypes of black people, and apologised for any offence.

Following an investigation, the FA have warned Taylor against postings which "could be taken out of context".

The former England Under-21s international will not face any sanction from the governing body.

The picture in question showed 'lookalikes' of Papiss Cisse, Moussa Sissoko, Vurnon Anita and Massadio Haidara.

The FA found that the image had been originally sent to Taylor by left-back Haidara. Taylor had then forwarded it on to his team-mates in response to teasing about his attempts to learn French by Haidara on Twitter.

French defender Haidara had dismissed the incident as "banter".

Taylor was sent off against Manchester City in his only appearance for Newcastle this season. Since then, injury has prevented him from regaining his place in manager Alan Pardew's team.

Wasn't one of the 4 pictures an old picture of Anita? Isn't another one Haidara wearing what I assume is an afro wig? If that's the case, the BBC are describing Anita and Haidara as "stereotypes of black people". Now that's racist.

Between him, Willo and Dummett. I think I'd rather see a Saylor Dumett partnership.

Not too sure. I don't trust Taylor when he's the main centre back, think he's better with someone senior alongside him. Has a tendency to be a bit more gung-ho/finger pointing/chest pumping when he thinks he's the 'man'. He's a better player than Willo imo but as a partner for Dummett I reckon Willo might be more suited.