Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who was it he scored against at home / uefa cup tie a few years back? (searching youtube with no joy)

Celta Vigo I think.

That's the one, cheers. Just found it. Headed in at the Gallowgate, run to the fans behind the goal - then the corner flag - then the full length of the Milburn. :lol:

Still skeptical..He does great things, but he's also have serious fuck ups because he's incapable of seeing his own limitations. The huge error against Arsenal was a good example. A defender will always be remembered for his errors. It doesn't matter that he plays superbly for 89 minutes if he manage to take on two arsenal players as the last defender and lose the ball.  Another good example was  in the last USA pre season match ..Two attackers had  had the opportunity to head the ball, without any marking from us at all..Where do you think taylor was? At the goal line, just beside Krul...Above situations are rookie mistakes that I do not expect from a player that has been around for a while now.

Oh shit...I thought you'd died a death last season :( are we going to endure more of this "insightful analysis" this season?

A lot of the time in a match he does good stuff, but too often he is doing things he shouldn't be doing, ending up out of position, creating spaces behind our defence, causing Colo the be dragged out somewhere, creating another space and so on.

Like on Saturday he was trying to show that he was a ball playing defender just like Colo, and then nearly cost us.

Give me Mike "Average but never does anything stupid" Williamson any day.

Though I think when he makes mistakes it gets highlighted more than when Colo does it (though he is a far superior defender overall)

Nobody has mentioned how against Arsenal that Colo was out of position, ball was played over the top to Van Persie and it was actually Taylor that went across and dealt with it

Guest BooBoo

I mean the sneaky handballs, the chest puffing, the ref pointing and the exaggerations.

Want to see it all on Saturday. That and a late back post headed winner.

Still skeptical..He does great things, but he's also have serious fuck ups because he's incapable of seeing his own limitations. The huge error against Arsenal was a good example. A defender will always be remembered for his errors. It doesn't matter that he plays superbly for 89 minutes if he manage to take on two arsenal players as the last defender and lose the ball.  Another good example was  in the last USA pre season match ..Two attackers had  had the opportunity to head the ball, without any marking from us at all..Where do you think taylor was? At the goal line, just beside Krul...Above situations are rookie mistakes that I do not expect from a player that has been around for a while now.

Oh shit...I thought you'd died a death last season :( are we going to endure more of this "insightful analysis" this season?

Oh go fuck yourself..That Taylor has been error prone is common knowledge..If you read through this thread you'll probably find out that I'm not the only one with that opinion..Even though he had a great game against arsenal, his error could have cost us the game.

Guest nufcshirts

LFC5timesNews LiverpoolFC

Liverpool have asked about the availability of Newcatle Centre half Steven Taylor, firmly rebuffed, #LFC weighing up options  :facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

There was a time when Taylor was linked with the Chelsea's and Liverpool's of this world, but that ship has gone Titanic.

Not been mentioned but looks pretty solid next to Colo.

Put in a great block at one point from a potentially goalbound shot from gyan & won most in the air like Colo. Like the look of their partnership atm.