Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Very good start to the season, still think Williamson might be better alongside Colo as Colo likes to get forward and at least he know Williamson won't be running around trying to be super Geordie :lol:

A lot of the time in a match he does good stuff, but too often he is doing things he shouldn't be doing, ending up out of position, creating spaces behind our defence, causing Colo the be dragged out somewhere, creating another space and so on.

Like on Saturday he was trying to show that he was a ball playing defender just like Colo, and then nearly cost us.

Give me Mike "Average but never does anything stupid" Williamson any day.

I can't dislike the lad, he acts exactly how I would if I played for Newcastle :lol:

:lol: I'd be the same.

Even if the boss put me at CB, I'd use any opportunity to run forward :laugh:

I just loved his post-match interview.

"I didn't see it. Sorry."

Face was just unnaturally straight, was blatantly taking the p*ss out of Wenger.

I wish he had the ability to be as witty as that. Somehow I doubt it :lol:

I just loved his post-match interview.

"I didn't see it. Sorry."

Face was just unnaturally straight, was blatantly taking the p*ss out of Wenger.

I wish he had the ability to be as witty as that. Somehow I doubt it :lol:

:lol: Good point.

Has he officially replaced Williamson now? Is Wills injured or just dropped?

Taylor has surpassed him - probably due to his performances whilst Willo was out at the end of last season

if only it were performance based. Pardew just put Taylor in instead of Williamson when he got the job because he assumed he was better for the team., even though he'd 'watched all the games'. He's basically just done the same this season after being proved wrong last time.

Still skeptical..He does great things, but he's also have serious fuck ups because he's incapable of seeing his own limitations. The huge error against Arsenal was a good example. A defender will always be remembered for his errors. It doesn't matter that he plays superbly for 89 minutes if he manage to take on two arsenal players as the last defender and lose the ball.  Another good example was  in the last USA pre season match ..Two attackers had  had the opportunity to head the ball, without any marking from us at all..Where do you think taylor was? At the goal line, just beside Krul...Above situations are rookie mistakes that I do not expect from a player that has been around for a while now.

WHen he needlessley lost the ball at halfway taking on players then went down "injured" a la his goal line antics is a perfect example of his flawes. I think he looked good though, lean and fast and worked very well with Colo.

nearly cost us the game!

WHen he needlessley lost the ball at halfway taking on players then went down "injured" a la his goal line antics is a perfect example of his flawes. I think he looked good though, lean and fast and worked very well with Colo.

It was the tongue in cheek antics that I was most impressed with.

I pissed myself

nearly cost us the game!

Exactly.. If we lost the match due to that error, everybody would have slaughtered his performance, regardless of how well he played the rest of the game.

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually like Taylor and rate him as decent PL standard defender. I don't get why he gets stick for celebrating goals wildly and clapping fans, he's a Geordie playing for the Toon. In his shoes I'd probably get my cock out after scoring and wank myself silly in the centre circle with a big cheesy grin on my face. His interview as well - class :lol:

Very good start to the season, still think Williamson might be better alongside Colo as Colo likes to get forward and at least he know Williamson won't be running around trying to be super Geordie :lol:

Super Geordie  ;D