Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Taylor man.

Jonas harbours about a quarter of Stevie's linguistic capacity, but still deflects the same question without looking like a tit.

Gotta love him.

I think that's being a bit harsh on Jonas lol, he can at least string a couple of sentences together :D

Guest Rey Mysterio

Really does need to stop coming across as such a cock because his performances have improved a lot over the last 2-3 years.

Really does need to stop coming across as such a cock because his performances have improved a lot over the last 2-3 years.

Think he was probably told not to make a comment to be fair. Would love it if the bastard scored this weekend, would sicken that lot. Imagine his celebration as well, he goes wild if he scores against Birmingham, never mind them :lol:

Think he was probably told not to make a comment to be fair. Would love it if the b****** scored this weekend, would sicken that lot. Imagine his celebration as well, he goes wild if he scores against Birmingham, never mind them :lol:

He'll run to fucking Birmingham if he gets a goal on Saturday

I don't have a problem with what he said. That ESPN woman was fishing for a quote. "No comment" was a good answer in my book. I notice the same women 'forgot' to ask Arsehole Whinger if he'd seen Song stamp on Barton. By the way, how come a game being shown on ESPN can only start with her say so? She stands in the tunnel in front of the ref and the players and only when she's finished her piece to camera does she 'allow' the players and officials to walk out. Cringeworthy stuff from ESPN.

Let's hope his performance isn't a one off. Going by the end of last season we might finally be seeing the Taylor we all hoped would develop, if so, about bloody time.

tbh most of his performances last season can be put down to him missing so much football in 2010 and a general lack of game time to get his match fitness back to proper levels, the fact he's had a full pre season will hopefully see more of the same level of performances as we saw on sat and the end of last season

Guest BooBoo

He should be ahead of Williamson I reckon. For all his critics on here, I still rate Taylor as the better all round defender.

Theres also the fact that Taylor is probably capable of grabbing half a dozen goals from set pieces if he's lucky. I do like Williamson like, but I do think his performance on Saturday, along with his end of season form (even excluding the goals) should keep him alongside Coloccini.

He still looks and plays like he's uncertain about what to do. There isn't the natural calmness that Williamson projects, and of course I'm not sure if Taylor has the discipline to form a partnership with Coloccini with how often he drifts into spaces that he doesn't belong in. So yeah, I'm still not sure about him, but this is probably his last chance at making the shirt his own. There shouldn't be any more excuses. He's old enough now to have gotten the stupid mistakes out of his system, so we'll see.