Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

"It's always difficult to slag a Newcastle player off (especially a home-grown one) without feeling vaguely guilty, and the criticism in this report stays on the page, not thrown as abuse in the ground. However, the lad just isn't up to the job of goalscoring, partnering Shearer or playing effectively as part of the team.

It might seem churlish to criticise the lineup of a winning team, but the fact that we won both this and the Charlton games with Ameobi in the starting XI is little more than circumstantial. There will come a point soon when the honeymoon ends and reality intervenes.

We almost won this game despite him, not because of him and after 60 games I just don't see anything changing. Like I said, not what we want to write, but better to be brutally honest than print insubstantial froth and cobblers like the local press."

nufc.com 2002

"It's always difficult to slag a Newcastle player off (especially a home-grown one) without feeling vaguely guilty, and the criticism in this report stays on the page, not thrown as abuse in the ground. However, the lad just isn't up to the job of goalscoring, partnering Shearer or playing effectively as part of the team.

It might seem churlish to criticise the lineup of a winning team, but the fact that we won both this and the Charlton games with Ameobi in the starting XI is little more than circumstantial. There will come a point soon when the honeymoon ends and reality intervenes.

We almost won this game despite him, not because of him and after 60 games I just don't see anything changing. Like I said, not what we want to write, but better to be brutally honest than print insubstantial froth and cobblers like the local press."

nufc.com 2002

wow :lol:

We almost won this game despite him

double wow

There will come a point soon when the honeymoon ends and reality intervenes.

triple wow

Good news, even though Løvenkrands will be banging on the door. One less :anguish: player on the bench I guess. He had a very good cameo against Tottenham, but in his usual Shola-manner, he was lazy as fuck again vs Wigan (yes he was, watch the game again). Sammy will take the ring to Mordor.

Good news, even though Løvenkrands will be banging on the door. One less :anguish: player on the bench I guess. He had a very good cameo against Tottenham, but in his usual Shola-manner, he was lazy as f*** again vs Wigan (yes he was, watch the game again). Sammy will take the ring to Mordor.

i'm sure pardew said that he picked up the injury within 3 minutes of coming on. would explain the fact that he was invisible for most of the match.