Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest palnese

Shola is the like the ugly, vitriolic wife that you have been with for years. Everything you show to her externally burns of hatred and desperation for something difference. Her presence alone reminds you of the hell she has out you through. Despite all of this, she will occasionally do something that makes you look deep into the eyes of your lover and realise that the heart still yearns for her, and that your life would not be as full if she weren't around.

I really do dislike this guy almost all of the time, but he's been an important figure for the majority of my life, and whenever he does well I cannot help but smile,

Brilliant :lol:

Guest BooBoo

He was clearly up for it when he came on. Baffling how 95% of the time he's absolutely infuriating but put him up against the mackems and the only thing missing is a cape.

Shola loves Derby Day - he'll have been up all night eating raw steak and watching videos of mackems torturing baby animals.

Bring him off the bench late on, just so he can do this again:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/03/02/1226287/420692-shola-ameobi.jpg

:smug:

Anyone who doubted the mackem slayer hang your head in shame!

Can't believe he didn't take the penalty. Shola should always take penalties.

Performances like this make you all the more frustrated with Shola like, he's capable of so much more than he's shown over the past 10 years. I love how his celebration turns into some connection with a higher power, it's as if he's channelled the power of Christ into his perfomance and he's giving it back up there. :lol:

This exactly - I find it endlessly fascinating that one player can look so brilliant one minute and so awful the next.  It's just so frustrating that his career couldn't have worked out better as he really does have a lot of the attributes required to have been a very good player.

His inconsistency is down to two things IMO - his physical condition and his mental attitude. In recent years he has been battling various injuries and long-term niggles, and throughout his career he's never had the killer instinct and that arrogant self-confidence a top player needs.

He's still delivered some great moments for us though, and he really cares. So I'll always have a real soft spot for Shola.

The Mackem Slayer strikes again!

He's far too inconsistent for a regular start but puts in a decent shift when he's used sparingly.  The filthy two-headed inbreds must be shitting themselves waiting for the day when we've got two Ameobis on the field against them.

Interesting, very interesting. If I weren't a lazy bastard I would take great pleasure in quoting the vile abuse some of the doylums on here have gave Big Shols.

What a guy  :bluestar:

Shows he can do it though, which is frustrating when he can rarely be bothered when it's not the mackems.

Interesting, very interesting. If I weren't a lazy bastard I would take great pleasure in quoting the vile abuse some of the doylums on here have gave Big Shols.

I'd be happy to list the names he's deserved over the years. Derby day is amnesty though for his shitness and us.

He's the fucking man in my books. He scored against the Scum again and saved us from a defeat.  Had he taken the penalty I have no doubt he would have scored as Big Shols has a fucking brillant hit for his penalties into the bottom corner every time. Credit to him for coming on and having the composure to save us. He's a legend, forever.

Jesus Christ, man. He's f***ing rubbish. Can we get some perspective?

Yeah, mostly this. But let people enjoy him for Sunday and let him go back to being a villain whenever he puts in his awful performances. don't think anyone's calling for him to included much more

Guest johnson293

That 'Break glass' image of Ameobi is totally fitting.

He should only be the emergency player specifically for these derby matches.

Still love him though, because of it.

Guest neesy111

He just looked a different player yesterday than the 1 playing against Blackburn a month ago for example.  He actually once came deep almost the half way line for the ball while we were camped in their half.