Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

You can't apply any normal type of scale to Shola, he just doesn't work like that

Spot on, all you can do is hum the Rocky theme tune in your head and send him out onto the pitch and hope for the best.

:spit:

Mick is Bane to Shola's Batman.

When Pennywell is ashes.........he has my permission to die.

:lol:

Some birds were not meant to be caged. His talent deserves the world stage.

And if we get an early January acquisition who plays up front but is happy to work the channels tirelessly, keep the Dembas fit, continue to ease Campbell in and have the likes of HBA and Obertan in support where need be... we'll somehow cope without him.

Since hitting 30, Shola really brings the Gun Sho to town. Massive arms.

He generally looks much bigger than everyone else on the pitch and none of it is fat. He is an absolute beast.

Kind of hope Sammy has a similar transformation in his latter years.

I do hope Sammy seriously bulks up, but not to anywhere near the extent Shola has. It partially ruined him, basically.

This. Shola pre-bulk was such a different player to the way he is now. Sammy needs to add some muscle but without destroying his playing style

Keshi eyes Ameobi for Nations Cup

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi says he will give striker Shola Ameobi a chance to represent his country of birth at the 2013 African Cup of Nations.

The Newcastle striker has played for England Under-21s but has not featured for the senior team and was cleared by Fifa in November to switch nationality.

And Keshi is eager to persuade the 31-year-old to be part of his plans.

“Shola is a good striker and he has a chance to be on the plane to South Africa,” Keshi told BBC Sport.

“I’ve been watching him closely and he’s got something unique. He will definitely bring something different to the attack.

“I have Shola and [Everton striker] Victor Anichebe in my striking plans.

“I will give them,  Obinna Nsofor, Obafemi Martins, Chinedu Obasi and others a chance to fight for a place alongside other strikers.”

Keshi’s side qualified for next year’s Nations Cup after beating Liberia 6-1 on Saturday to record an aggregate 8-3 win.

And the coach is clearly intent on optimising the Super Eagles’ chances of success by trying once more to get Ameobi on board.

Ameobi, who was born in Zaria, northern Nigeria, before moving to England with his parents at the age of five, was first called up by Nigeria 11 years ago but rejected the chance to play for them.

However, he recently changed his mind and he was in line for his Nigeria debut in February 2011 in the botched friendly against Guatemala but stayed away because Fifa was considering his nationality switch application.

The way is now clear after Fifa removed the age limit for players who want to switch national allegiance. Previously, players who had represented one country at youth level had to make the choice to change by the age of 21.

Meanwhile, Stephen Keshi also revealed that he will use November’s friendly against Venezuela in Miami, Florida to sort out several problems plaguing his side.

The Super Eagles’ defence and midfield has come under severe criticism from local media, a fact not lost on the coach.

“We are still rebuilding the team. There’s a lot of work to be done before the Nations Cup and it starts from the game against Venezuela in Miami,” he said.

“It is true that our fans expect us to win and do well in South Africa, so we need to correct the lapses in the team.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/keshi-eyes-ameobi-for-nations-cup/

The article is probably rubbish. There is no reason at all for this to happen.