Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Basically an identical performance to WBA last May. Can't run, can't control, and about as much goal threat at Tim Krul.

Krul has more assists in the last few games.

I want to join in the OTT slagging off of our players, can one of yous give me advice on how to do it? Looks really fun!!!111

It's not OTT, really. Shola did very well against Man U and Blackburn. He was, however, just as equally dreadful today.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Made me cry with laughter when he managed to stumble on the ball and knee it out for a goal kick when he had a clear run on goal :lol:

Guest neesy111

Shola's off the ball movement is awful, he's so frustrating to watch, may aswell play a centerhalf upfront!

???

He actually moves, haven't seen much of this in 11 years.

Don't even get annoyed by his performances any more. I've accepted that he's an atrocious player, he's not going to get any better and he's a waste of a shirt 99% of the time.

Whinging and moaning about it is just wasted negative energy. 

I may be shot down here buuuuuut I thought he held the ball up well in the area between the penalty area and the half way line and had Cabaye been there to distribute the ball (when Shola was facing his own goal) out wide or over the top to Best, I think he'd get more plaudits. Its something that he seems to have grown in intelligence over the past 6 months or so.

Saying that, I thought he was hopeless in the box due to his poor movement and sluggish attempts to challenge for the ball.

Ok, he didn't come close to scoring but he put himself about without giving away those typical Shola fouls. Not a great individual performance but did his share in an overall bad team performance.