Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest johnson293

So how many has he actually got against that mob?

7? I thought one of them went down as a Caldwell OG?

I thought the same, but just read this from NUFC.com match report...

37 mins Back came United and after a Stephen Carr cross to the far post was hooked back by Charles N'Zogbia, Ameobi's strong challenge forced ex-Mag Stephen Caldwell to put through his own goal. Both touched it but the Scotsman looked to get the last contact - Shola Ameobi claimed it and the FA dubious goals committee later agreed 2-1

I normally slate the guy bad but I thought he did really well when he came on. Helped the shape, helped us keep the ball and improve possession. I don't want to see him starting but he can keep his thirty minute cameos.

Never been his biggest fan (has anybody?) but just recently he looks fit, strong and confident.

I'm not suggesting he displaces any of our other strikers (at least not the ones that actually score goals) but credit where credit is due.

We have looked better in the last 3 games after he came on and started holding the ball up. A deeper Demba Ba could do the same, pushing Cisse up top to do what he does best.

I don't think Shola can last 90 mins tbh. Bring him on when the oppo are tired and we want to make the ball stick up top.

He has pretty much only looked good this season when playing the last 20. People should not forget the woeful displays he put in against Fulham, QPR, Blackburn and Brighton when Demba was away.

I certainly haven't.

Actually, going on form, i would think about bringing Shola on for Ba in the last 20 and keep Cisse on (if he's actually playing at all).

He has pretty much only looked good this season when playing the last 20. People should not forget the woeful displays he put in against Fulham, QPR, Blackburn and Brighton when Demba was away.

I certainly haven't.

Actually, going on form, i would think about bringing Shola on for Ba in the last 20 and keep Cisse on (if he's actually playing at all).

This, Cisse should be starting. Demba always fades in the last twenty, get him off for Shola

Guest toonlass92

good professional and good service to the club. Remember Ba and Cisse would go if a bigger club came in, Shola is loyal to the cluband he also went to the same school as me!

Ah, that summer when Shola turned down moves to Real Madrid, AC Milan and Man United.  Magic. :love:

Pisses the Madrid fans right off when we sing 'Shola turned you down' , what they could have been with that man with the Manzana's.

good professional and good service to the club. Remember Ba and Cisse would go if a bigger club came in, Shola is loyal to the cluband he also went to the same school as me!

Ye kna the crack.  O0

"We love Shola, he went to our school"

Guest Shaun

Ah, that summer when Shola turned down moves to Real Madrid, AC Milan and Man United.  Magic. :love:

Seriously? :lol:

Yes.