Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I don't hate the man. I hate what he represents. The fact that we have used him so much this season is a perfect summary to why we are where we are.

Almost felt sorry for him in a way today. He in no way has the attributes to play on the wing. I don't care what people think about Obertan or Sammy but either would have been a better option.

All comes down to the same point. FUCK OFF PARDEW.

really lazy today. at one point in the first half he made a short pass forward to a team mate 10 yards into our half then just stood and watched ratrher than bomb on forward into the box or move out to the wing to provide another option

He should only ever be used as a 20 minute substitute. He should never play from the start. His goal record is piss poor for a striker. He shouldn't even be called a striker. He's a good penalty taker but he offers very little threat as a striker. It's a joke that he is our second choice striker. We need to bring in two quality strikers to push Shola down to 4th choice.

Outperformed any of the other wingers that played for us today. Be angry with the manager for starting him or the board for not getting other options. He used his ;imited attributes to good effect in the first half I though. Would have made sense for him to come off for Perch rather than Marveaux.

At the end of the day he not good enough, odd goals here and there are just not enough. Should have been replaced years ago, but efforts to replace him have resulted in signing like Ranger and Xico, which means we have more years of him than we really should have. Needs to be given a free transfer in the summer along with several more of them.

He should only ever be used as a 20 minute substitute. He should never play from the start. His goal record is piss poor for a striker. He shouldn't even be called a striker. He's a good penalty taker but he offers very little threat as a striker. It's a joke that he is our second choice striker. We need to bring in two quality strikers to push Shola down to 4th choice.

In addition to two CBs (if Colo leaves) and a winger who can cross. Also a new manager.

And a new owner.

I think people are losing sight of the fact that he can ride a bike and eat an apple at the same time. We need this in a time of crisis. Should he play football for us again? No. Should he eat our apples and ride our bikes? Yes, yes, yes!

Guest tollemache

As Ian W says, he looked ok early on along with the rest of the side. We all lost our shit later on but he's not especially to blame for that. Have we got to the bottom of Perch for Marveaux yet?

Guest SweMatt

It says everything about the club and management that he was starting yesterday.

The day he is not in our squad anymore I will drink myself silly on champagne. Mind you, I have said that for ten years which makes the bottle very cold by now.

There were just enough options yesterday for him to not start, but he gets played as a right winger. Even Ryan Taylor said he can't play full matches as well. Really poor management.

amalfatino is surely a better option than him

I'm adamant he is only starting because Pardew feels guilty stopping him going to the African Cup of Nations, or he's made some sort of deal, stay behind and play.