Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Genuinely skipped past that post and didn't see the comment Brett.

The_Optimistic could just be really f***ing thick. From the post above yours, it seems like he/she is. :lol:

I thought it was a bit strange you questioned where i was coming from  :laugh:

Seemingly, aye. Still hasn't even realised himself how it can come across to the others  :lol:

Shola does kind of look like a creepy guy who's just wandered in.  Like when you used to get your holiday photos back and there's some bloke standing right behind you that you never noticed.

Yet he's been here his entire career.

You would be harder pushed to find a black family who look further apart :lol:

The fact that Shola Ameobi looks no different then to he does running about in front of us every week should be the giveaway of which one he is like. He's the one at the back who looks like Shola Ameobi if you're still unsure.

Guest reefatoon

How could you miss him? He is doing exactly what he does on the pitch in that photo. Standing around in the background with a gormless grin on his mush.

How could you miss him? He is doing exactly what he does on the pitch in that photo. Standing around in the background with a gormless grin on his mush.

It's a beautiful smile if we're being honest, reefa. WB.

Guest reefatoon

It's a beautiful smile if we're being honest, reefa. WB.

That it might be, but only the gormless smile that much.

He'll sign a new deal like.

And then we'll get some people on here claiming that, as a back-up, he can do a job every now and then, even though his presence at the club is, and has been for a very long time, "stopping" us from looking for a much needed upgrade.

Will retire and be added to the coaching staff.

We will then sign no strikers this month or in the summer.

Due to an injury crisis, he will then have to come out of retirement to play games next season, a la Scholes.

He will still fail to remain onside, score no goals, and constantly have his head in his hands.

Pardew will claim he has been brilliant, as Ben Arfa is kept on the bench.

The Sho will go on and on and on and on ...

And then we'll get some people on here claiming that, as a back-up, he can do a job every now and then, even though his presence at the club is, and has been for a very long time, "stopping" us from looking for a much needed upgrade.

If we wanted an upgrade we would go out and get one, he isn't forcing anyone to keep him here and give him new contracts.

If we wanted an upgrade we would go out and get one, he isn't forcing anyone to keep him here and give him new contracts.

I'd like to know why you're so confident about that? And your second sentence is completely pointless and irrelevant since no one here implied that he forced anyone to do anything.

We, wrongly of course, didn't see the need of a "costy" upgrade as long as the easy option of keeping Shola here is open.

Guest bimpy474

Shola's like a Sunday League team manager who still plays, plays himself every week even though he's shit. So shit the only reason he's the manager is because no other team will play him.

Our second choice striker ahead of our £9m signing.........mint :lol:

I'd like to know why you're so confident about that? And your second sentence is completely pointless and irrelevant since no one here implied that he forced anyone to do anything.

We, wrongly of course, didn't see the need of a "costy" upgrade as long as the easy option of keeping Shola here is open.

??? Well why wouldn't we? It is the club's decision. Not sure what is so hard to understand.

The club have kept giving Shola contracts and they have chosen no to upgrade on him.

What should he have done, walked out on his boyhood club saying "Nah, I don't deserve these wages and for numerous managers to give me games, go and buy someone more deserving"? :lol:

Shola's like a Sunday League team manager who still plays, plays himself every week even though he's s***. So s*** the only reason he's the manager is because no other team will play him.

Tbf that is as much a comment on how abject Cisse has been as it is a comment on Shola. Shola gets a game because he fouls the opposing centre halves (may even cause some pain to them who knows?) and can defend a corner. They are both excellent at strolling into offside traps although tbh I think Cisse shades it. In the occasional game this season Shola has looked like a decent attacking option without actually scoring, whilst Cisse has scored a few meaningless goals and done absolutely fuck all else. We have needed someone stronger and better than either of them for two seasons now. 

Guest bimpy474

Shola's like a Sunday League team manager who still plays, plays himself every week even though he's s***. So s*** the only reason he's the manager is because no other team will play him.

Tbf that is as much a comment on how abject Cisse has been as it is a comment on Shola. Shola gets a game because he fouls the opposing centre halves (may even cause some pain to them who knows?) and can defend a corner. They are both excellent at strolling into offside traps although tbh I think Cisse shades it. In the occasional game this season Shola has looked like a decent attacking option without actually scoring, whilst Cisse has scored a few meaningless goals and done absolutely fuck all else. We have needed someone stronger and better than either of them for two seasons now. 

Aye, Cisse has been awful for a long time. I know it keeps getting said we dont play to his strengths etc, but that doesn't explain it all. He looks awful and his offside understanding is worse than a kids. I would however bring him on instead of Ameobi as he's liable to rattle one in (well used to think that) out of nothing. Whereas Shola never ever looks like scoring.

Tbh they're both absolutely awful, right now.

• 2 weeks later...