Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I'm not taking anything for granted until he signs for someone else.

there's been rumours he's about to sign a 3 year deal for a premier league club

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-houjdEqNgjI/UvESAFAycBI/AAAAAAAAJJA/XN-dWruCpxc/s1600/Newcastle-United.png

Guest VanBarduck

Sad  :(

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/the-only-mitt-romney-gif-i-need.gif

The few decent games is the least he could have done for the years of being offside, strolling around the pitch, needless fouling etc etc...

Seeing all the comments on Facebook or Twitter about his departure shows how many still believe the myth that he always gave his all. Rubbish.

Any other club he would have been out the door a decade ago.

I'd say good riddance, but can barely believe it's true yet.

One of the worst players I've seen play for us. Good riddance.

And I thought you were a decent lad.

I'd be a bit more charitable - played through an injury to get us in Europe under Roeder, seems a sound lad, good professional, doesn't use swear words, etc.

However when you look back at it, we've been watching the guy for 14 years now and he's had us tearing our hair out for a huge proportion of the time he's been on the pitch.  His place in the squad has generally been a waste and prohibitive to us getting new strikers in.  Hardly his fault, but delighted to see the back of him.

We will re-sign him on a one year contract come end of summer when we haven't made he the real signings we need up front and nobody in the top flight has offered Ameobi a thing.

Will be like a new signing.

One of the worst players I've seen play for us. Good riddance.

And I thought you were a decent lad.

I'd be a bit more charitable - played through an injury to get us in Europe under Roeder, seems a sound lad, good professional, doesn't use swear words, etc.

However when you look back at it, we've been watching the guy for 14 years now and he's had us tearing our hair out for a huge proportion of the time he's been on the pitch.  His place in the squad has generally been a waste and prohibitive to us getting new strikers in.  Hardly his fault, but delighted to see the back of him.

Pretty much this.

I remember stories of him having very painful (cortisone?) injections just to get through games and his hips being completely fucked years ago so I don't really go along with the lazy stuff, just not capable of doing much running.

Fair enough you could say if he knew he wasn't up for it he should have just jacked it in but how many of us would quit playing for our team and getting paid very well for it? He also seems very religious (and a bit deluded) so I honestly believe he thought he offered us more than he really did.

He'll never be a player I will look back on favourably because of his brilliance but I'll always respect him being a local lad who did what he could even if very limited for the team.

We will re-sign him on a one year contract come end of summer when we haven't made he the real signings we need up front and nobody in the top flight has offered Ameobi a thing.

Will be like a new signing.

I'll think this till he signs for someone else