Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Is the announcement expected tonight?

According to KOC, Keshi's actual words were, “Yes, I have an idea of those who will go with us to Brazil but we will still wait till the last minute before we announce the list,”.

So I have absolutely no clue, tbh.

Baba welcome back! Really hoping he doesn't select Shola. Just don't want to get unnecessarily annoyed this summer.

This Shola thing is a bit surreal, tbh. :lol: Do you know that my girl and her entire family have been mocking me over this for the past few months? What a shame. I have to be honest, though, once they run out on the green grass in the colours, I won't care who is there so much. Last time I supported the likes Shittu, Yakubu, and Etuhu without any feelings of self-hatred, so this will be fine.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/06/02/sydney-fc-opens-talks-nigeria-star-ameobi

Sydney FC opens talks with Nigeria star Ameobi

Sydney FC has opened discussions with star striker Shola Ameobi's representatives in a bold bid to lure the Nigerian international to the A-League.

The Sky Blues want 32-year-old Ameobi, who played more than 300 matches for Newcastle United in England, to be their marquee star after the departure of Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero.

A Sydney spokesman confirmed the club is talking to Ameobi's people.

Ameobi is a free agent since being released by the Magpies last month after 14 years' service to the club.

Incoming manager Graham Arnold sees Ameobi as the perfect partner for New Zealand international striker Shane Smeltz, who joined the club last month from Perth Glory.

Ameobi, who played for an hour for Nigeria in last week's drawn international with Scotland, is in his country's 30-member group for the FIFA World Cup and will know on Tuesday if he will be in the final squad.

The Nigerians play Argentina, Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina in Group F.

Sydney has struggled to make a mark on the A-League since it won the premiership-championship double in 2010 and sees Ameobi as the man who could provide the team with the spark in attack to mount a serious challenge for the title.

Sydney is understood to be dealing with other strikers.

Given that I support Sydney in the A-League, I'm about to puke my heart out.

I'm a member on that website, and I made the following comment (which is still pending review):

Having watched 14 years of Ameobi's woeful performances, am I now to be cursed to continue watching him stroll around for Sydney too? The man has a chronic hip injury and can barely break into a trot. We don't need Ameobi, for God's sake Arnie, spare us

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/06/02/sydney-fc-opens-talks-nigeria-star-ameobi

Sydney FC has opened discussions with star striker Shola Ameobi's representatives in a bold bid to lure the Nigerian international to the A-League.

The Sky Blues want 32-year-old Ameobi, who played more than 300 matches for Newcastle United in England, to be their marquee star after the departure of Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero.

Ameobi is a free agent since being released by the Magpies last month after 14 years' service to the club.

Incoming manager Graham Arnold sees Ameobi as the perfect partner for New Zealand international striker Shane Smeltz, who joined the club last month from Perth Glory.

Ameobi, who played for an hour for Nigeria in last week's drawn international with Scotland, is in his country's 30-member group for the FIFA World Cup and will know on Tuesday if he will be in the final squad.

Sydney has struggled to make a mark on the A-League since it won the premiership-championship double in 2010 and sees Ameobi as the man who could provide the team with the spark in attack to mount a serious challenge for the title.

I'm a member on that website, and I made the following comment (which is still pending review):

Having watched 14 years of Ameobi's woeful performances, am I now to be cursed to continue watching him stroll around for Sydney too? The man has a chronic hip injury and can barely break into a trot. We don't need Ameobi, for God's sake Arnie, spare us

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/723576/nelson-ha-ha-o.gif

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/comment/gif-Spider-Man-Marvel-web-1073335.gif