Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

Aye, course there is. He was never physical, his game is about being clever, on and off the ball. He's laced with technique and very efficient from deep or in the box.

Replacing Lovenkrands with Keane would be comparable to replacing 'playmaker' Nicky Butt with Hatem Ben Arfa. Laughable.

Guest VegasToon

I hope for Robbie Keane.   I think with a thread of 123 pages, we will get him. 

I think Spurs fancies him worth more around 142 pages tbh.

He's good, but not 142 pages good.

123 pages sound reasonable, knowing how Levy does his deals it'll be 80 pages + 52 based on appearances with 5% pages of his next transfer fee..

I'd admit I'd be a bit iffy if this board made 142 pages to sign him, but don't we have that kind of post creating power? Or have we spent it all on Ben Arfa and Tiote? Hell, even Perch got a canny few pages off us.

Do we need him? 

Keane is an excellent player heading towards the end of his career, I think the time isn't right for him to come here.  If we sign Ben Arfa then Keane probably wouldn't get a start because Carroll isn't going to get dropped any time soon and I doubt Keane would want to come here to sit on the bench.  Having said that, Carroll is still in danger of doing time and if that happens we're in the shit so who knows?

Guest VegasToon

Do we need him? 

Keane is an excellent player heading towards the end of his career, I think the time isn't right for him to come here.  If we sign Ben Arfa then Keane probably wouldn't get a start because Carroll isn't going to get dropped any time soon and I doubt Keane would want to come here to sit on the bench.  Having said that, Carroll is still in danger of doing time and if that happens we're in the shit so who knows?

Yes, injuries will happen and we need depth.

Do we need him? 

keane is a proven prem goalscorer and miles better than shola best loven and ranger, why wouldnt we want him?

keane is a proven prem goalscorer and miles better than shola best loven and ranger, why wouldnt we want him?

None of those players you've mentioned are getting league games, where would Keane fit in?

Guest VegasToon

None of those players you've mentioned are getting league games, where would Keane fit in?

Every good team has depth and rotate their players from game to game.  Would you rather bring in Keane or Shola?

Every good team has depth and rotate their players from game to game.  Would you rather bring in Keane or Shola?

Your question is daft and doesn't deserve an answer.  The reason I doubt he'll come here is that I think he'll move for the same reason as Ben Arfa, if he does.  He'll want to play games, in his case because he hasn't got long left as a top player in this league.

Guest VegasToon

Your question is daft and doesn't deserve an answer.  The reason I doubt he'll come here is that I think he'll move for the same reason as Ben Arfa, if he does.  He'll want to play games, in his case because he hasn't got long left as a top player in this league.

:lol:  I guess in a perfect world called Mick Dreamland we will not need quality players because our guys will never get injured.

alongside carroll or play him on his own when carrolls injured, long season ahead and we'll need options up front

If we sign Ben Arfa and bring in Keane we're going to have to make massive changes to our game and drop at least two players.  I'm not too sure that Hughton is thinking about going 2 up front again so he'd struggle to make the numbers fit.  I am assuming that Keane will not want to spend a lot of time on the bench and I could be wrong.