Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

Guest Roger Kint

Like i said on one of the other threads if its a loan then great but i cant see any point in paying £6m+ for him when he is on the decline and no chance would Ashley do it given his sell on value will be next to nowt.

Guest andrew

With Carroll reported to be injured for today's game, we cannot afford to be playing gash players like Ameobi, Best, Xisco or Loven- This is exactly why we need another striker.

How Keane would be seen as anything other than an excellent signing is beyond me.

Don't think anyone's saying it would be a poor signing as such, more the fact they're questioning why he would come in the first place. 

I could be making it up, but I'm sure in the not too distant past, a fair few on here turned their noses up at the idea of getting him.

Happily hold my hand up here - don't really rate him. Yes, he's probably an upgrade on Lovelyhands but he's not exactly a longer term prospect and I don't know if the drop in team morale/togetherness would be worth the extra quality he would bring.

Has a questionable attitude IMO, never really taken to him like some on here.

He's Irish, and therefore probably A) Drinks too much and B) Likes Leprichauns so for me, he is not worth it.

Spot on, after the Shay Given/Stephen Carr/Andrew O'Brien fiasco, we should stay clear of these troublemakers. Leon Best being a considered exception (as he's obviously not Irish)

Hughton, Best and Keane... three Irish men again  :frantic:

Keane would be a superb signing.

He'd easily bag 15+ goals for us.

Not bothered what's been said in this thread...that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it  ;D

I wouldn't if I were you. As it is quite clearly idiotic.

A striking pool of Carroll, Keane, Ben Arfa, Best* and Ranger looks pretty bloody good. Sell Shola and Loven if possible.

*bring on the mass hysteria :lol: I just think he was finally starting to settle pre season, would be a better back up to Carroll than Loven and although Shola may be a slightly better goal threat, he is older, always injured/carrying an injury and never really seems to suit a partner. I think Ben Arfa or Keane would work better off Best if needed. *tin hat number 2 on

Would rather see Best sold and Ranger loaned out tbh.

Not bothered what's been said in this thread...that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it  ;D

Based on?

The fact your quite clearly a moron.

Based on?

Bit harsh, Keane has always had an eye for goal and a decent record in the Premier League. 15+ is a bit much but I reckon a if he played 25+ games he could potentially get double figures.

Based on?

No need for that, like. Play nice.

the worrying thing if its true we are after keane and ben arfa coming in is that i doubt keane would come for a space on the bench which, would mean ben arfa playing wide in a standard midfield 4. unless of course the club has word that carroll will definitly be sent down for a considerable time and plan to use keane on his own up front.

Would love us to get Keane in because he is a great foil for Carroll.  Just hope it wouldn't be huge wages and fee though.  £5m fee and £40k a week would be good business.

really dont want to pay 5mill for a 30 year old seemingly on the decline.

Would love us to get Keane in because he is a great foil for Carroll.  Just hope it wouldn't be huge wages and fee though.  £5m fee and £40k a week would be good business.

So let's say you only get 2 decent seasons from him, would you really turn your nose up to 2 good seasons for £5m?

It would be worth every penny if he helps us stay in the league or push us up the table for just two years. 

Based on?

Well for starters it's "You're". Maybe you should learn to be literate before calling people morons and idiotic!

Back to the other thread where you're being a 10 year old talking about shirtlifting.

What a laughable little clown you have shown yourself to be in just a few posts on a forum  :clap:

Can I ask, do you prefer rivers or the sea?

So let's say you only get 2 decent seasons from him, would you really turn your nose up to 2 good seasons for £5m?

It would be worth every penny if he helps us stay in the league or push us up the table for just two years. 

you could say that about any signing....................alternativly we pay 5million for him ,he doesnt cut it and cant get rid of him.

you could say that about any signing....................alternativly we pay 5million for him ,he doesnt cut it and cant get rid of him.

You could say the same about your comments though?

It's more likely that Keane will be decent for the next 2 years than to decline to being non-Premiership class within 6 months, surely?

It's more likely that Keane will be decent for the next 2 years than to decline to being non-Premiership class within 6 months, surely?

not from what i've seen of him over the last year-18months. very much on the decline. a loan would suit us much better.

not from what i've seen of him over the last year-18months. very much on the decline. a loan would suit us much better.

So based on the last 18 months you believe he could not be Premiership class within 6 months? :dowie:

Agree a loan deal is better option (and what is actually being reported as possibly happening) as it's cheaper and safer all round, agreed.

So based on the last 18 months you believe he could not be Premiership class within 6 months? :dowie:

Agree a loan deal is better option (and what is actually being reported as possibly happening) as it's cheaper and safer all round, agreed.

did i say that ? no, i said that 5million could be better spent on someone younger who we'd be likely to get a return from if they didn't work out.

Yup.

did i say that ? no, i said that 5million could be better spent on someone younger who we'd be likely to get a return from if they didn't work out.

Q.  It's more likely that Keane will be decent for the next 2 years than to decline to being non-Premiership class within 6 months, surely?

Your answer....

A.  not from what i've seen of him over the last year-18months. very much on the decline.

My response...

:dowie:

Q.  It's more likely that Keane will be decent for the next 2 years than to decline to being non-Premiership class within 6 months, surely?

Your answer....

A.  not from what i've seen of him over the last year-18months. very much on the decline.

My response...

:dowie:

that would be my response to you advocating spending 5mill on a player you seemingly only trust for 6month.