Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

Take him, he'll still score goals and that's what we need. f*** this s*** of "he's not champions League quality" it's a long time since we were or will be again

Will be a top four club at the end of the day. So maybe not. :smug:

Jonny Hall, are you truly saying Duff and Owen are not Premier League quality?

As I said in my first statement, I would get him on loan which would be a good deal but I can't understand why anyone would want to pay for a player who is in decline at the age of 30 (no one in this thread is disputing that he is in decline). He's only going to go get worse and we will be stuck with him in a year or two when it will be a struggle to offload him.

I agree with all those who only want him on loan. 

He is a good player, but he is on the downward slope of his career.  Spurs fan's don't seem to rate him too highly anymore, bring him in on loan and avoid shelling out a biggish figure, seems the smartest move.

Really not sure I'd want Keane tbh. With Ben Arfa coming in it's looking more and more likely that we won't be playing 2 up top, but 1. If Keane's here it might stunt Carroll's development, not to mention him not being the player he used to be, and likely on large wages. Seems like the sort of signing we'd have made in the past, big name player, past his prime, looking for a big paycheck.

Guest guinness_fiend

People turning their noses up at the chance of signing robbie keane???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:dowie:

Lunacy, eh?  Him and Carroll up front could be a good shout.

Really not sure I'd want Keane tbh. With Ben Arfa coming in it's looking more and more likely that we won't be playing 2 up top, but 1. If Keane's here it might stunt Carroll's development, not to mention him not being the player he used to be, and likely on large wages. Seems like the sort of signing we'd have made in the past, big name player, past his prime, looking for a big paycheck.

How would it stump his development?

Proven prem player who can score goals, was captian of Spurs and has a wealth of prem experience.  only paying half his wages for a season.

We are trying to give ourselves the best chance of surving.

Who else do you suppose we sign?

If his wage demands are ridiculous, I'd agree, you shouldn't sign him. Nor should you sign him on a long-term deal; a loan would be good, perhaps a 2 year contract.

From a footballing perspective, there is no way in high hell he'd be anything other than a big step forward for you.

Guest firetotheworks

If he's lost his pace then it has far less of an impact than it would with a player like Duff, or Owen, who have barely anything else to offer. I'd be thoroughly pleased with this window if we got him and Ben Arfa in. Probably the most exciting window in recent memory.