Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

There's room for Keane if HBA is starting on the left. Provides much better options. Who plays left if jonas gets injured anyway? No brainer if he's willing to come in, plus he knows Hughton already.

Do you think Keane is going to leave Spurs to sit on our bench?

Guest VegasToon

There's room for Keane if HBA is starting on the left. Provides much better options. Who plays left if jonas gets injured anyway? No brainer if he's willing to come in, plus he knows Hughton already.

Do you think Keane is going to leave Spurs to sit on our bench?

:banghead:

Andy Carroll is going to be the main focal point up front but at his age, he is not going to get through the entire season without suffering some sort of burnout, suspension or injury. It would be a wise move to bring Keane in to play alongside either Shola or Best when these occasions with Carroll occur.

Also, I dont believe he will be sent down, even if found guilty. More like a suspended sentence with some community service thrown in.

If this all comes off, and it's a long way from that atm, then I think Keane will get plenty of games. If he doesn't start then he'll be on the bench and the first guy thrown on by Hughton to get us a goal. Chances are that we'll lose Carroll to injury, suspension or Her Majesty's Service from time to time so he'll see plenty of the ball.

He's better than what we've got and would be another player who can turn a draw into a win.

Guest VegasToon

If this all comes off, and it's a long way from that atm, then I think Keane will get plenty of games. If he doesn't start then he'll be on the bench and the first guy thrown on by Hughton to get us a goal. Chances are that we'll lose Carroll to injury, suspension or Her Majesty's Service from time to time so he'll see plenty of the ball.

He's better than what we've got and would be another player who can turn a draw into a win.

:clap:

How Keane would be seen as anything other than an excellent signing is beyond me.

Don't think anyone's saying it would be a poor signing as such, more the fact they're questioning why he would come in the first place. 

How Keane would be seen as anything other than an excellent signing is beyond me.

Don't think anyone's saying it would be a poor signing as such, more the fact they're questioning why he would come in the first place. 

I could be making it up, but I'm sure in the not too distant past, a fair few on here turned their noses up at the idea of getting him.

I don't doubt that he's better than what we've got, I just don't see what sitting on our bench will offer that sitting on the Spurs bench doesn't. 

I'm probably making it up, but I'm sure in the not too distant past, a fair few on here turned their noses up at the idea of getting him.

Maybe so but for us, atm, I think Keane would be a fantastic signing and I'm pretty sure most Newcastle fans would love to have Keane in the squad.

I don't doubt that he's better than what we've got, I just don't see what sitting on our bench will offer that sitting on the Spurs bench doesn't. 

He'd be second choice here, behind Carroll. At Spurs he'd have Defoe, Pav and Crouch plus A. N. Other in front of him once they've spent their CL cash. He wouldn't even be on the bench man.

His choice isn't Spurs bench or our bench - it's our bench with a few starts, or not even named for the Spurs bench. He's so far down the Spurs pecking order he may as well move and play here. 

He'd be second choice here, behind Carroll. At Spurs he'd have Defoe, Pav and Crouch plus A. N. Other in front of him once they've spent their CL cash. He wouldn't even be on the bench man.

His choice isn't Spurs bench or our bench - it's our bench with a few starts, or not even named for the Spurs bench. He's so far down the Spurs pecking order he may as well move and play here. 

We'll not have long to wait, I'll still be surprised if this happens.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It should surely mark the end for Lovenkrands and/or Shola.

What are you? A Narrator on an 80's Cartoon where something sinister has happened to the protagonist?

A striking pool of Carroll, Keane, Ben Arfa, Best* and Ranger looks pretty bloody good. Sell Shola and Loven if possible.

*bring on the mass hysteria :lol: I just think he was finally starting to settle pre season, would be a better back up to Carroll than Loven and although Shola may be a slightly better goal threat, he is older, always injured/carrying an injury and never really seems to suit a partner. I think Ben Arfa or Keane would work better off Best if needed. *tin hat number 2 on

He'd be a decent loan signing, because the only other player we have for his role is Lovenkrands, and there's no question he's better than Lovenkrands.

He's a skilful, clever player and a good finisher, but he's not particularly quick or strong. He produces brilliant moments which in the past have encouraged clubs to pay millions for him, but then he'll disappear for large parts of the game.

I could be making it up, but I'm sure in the not too distant past, a fair few on here turned their noses up at the idea of getting him.

At paying £8m which was the going rate at the time. On loan would be a different matter.

Happily hold my hand up here - don't really rate him. Yes, he's probably an upgrade on Lovelyhands but he's not exactly a longer term prospect and I don't know if the drop in team morale/togetherness would be worth the extra quality he would bring.

Has a questionable attitude IMO, never really taken to him like some on here.

Happily hold my hand up here - don't really rate him. Yes, he's probably an upgrade on Lovelyhands but he's not exactly a longer term prospect and I don't know if the drop in team morale/togetherness would be worth the extra quality he would bring.

He's Irish, and therefore probably A) Drinks too much and B) Likes Leprichauns so for me, he is not worth it.

He's Irish, and therefore probably A) Drinks too much and B) Likes Leprichauns so for me, he is not worth it.

Spot on, after the Shay Given/Stephen Carr/Andrew O'Brien fiasco, we should stay clear of these troublemakers. Leon Best being a considered exception (as he's obviously not Irish)

Spot on, after the Shay Given/Stephen Carr/Andrew O'Brien fiasco, we should stay clear of these troublemakers. Leon Best being a considered exception (as he's obviously not Irish)

I have to agree with this, as I may be injured in future Red/Blue games if I don't.