Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

The other twitter 'itk' reckons deal not dependant on fabiano.

Well, Harry has been out in the media doing what he does best, which of course is talking about what a fantastic player Fabiano is and so on so I assume we can expect to see Spurs lodge a bid any time now..

the daily fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307100/Tottenham-striker-Robbie-Keane-set-Aston-Villa-Newcastle.html

says he may be used as makeweight for ashley young bid but might prefer a move to us as we'd guarantee him 1st team football

Why would he be 'guaranteed' any more football here than at Villa?

because sholas our backup striker

Villa have Heskey.

the daily fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307100/Tottenham-striker-Robbie-Keane-set-Aston-Villa-Newcastle.html

says he may be used as makeweight for ashley young bid but might prefer a move to us as we'd guarantee him 1st team football

Villa have Heskey.

fair point but they also have carew and agbonlahor who would be first choice when fit id say

the daily fail

Villa have Heskey.

fair point but they also have carew and agbonlahor who would be first choice when fit id say

They have Young at present too

Guest MrBrown

I like him as a player and I am still mad when Souness had a chance to sign him he said no and sign Lique. But right now I think it will be bad to sign him...

Why?

If someone doesn't rate Keane as a player then I can see why they'd rather not sign him (even though it seems pretty clear to me he'd be a significant improvement on all our strikers except for Carroll), but I can't see any other reason to not want to bring him in.

He'd be so much better than Nolan playing alongside Carroll that it boggles the mind.

I think the issue is then fitting in Ben Arfa and Barton.

Only on loan please.

He's looked shit since returning to Spurs, definitely a bit slower (not that he was fast in the first place). Probably had his confidence knocked a bit after he was found out for being shit at Liverpool (yes, Benitez rarely played him, but he still looked like a bog standard striker with little ability when he played for them). He's essentially a poor man's Bellamy nowadays - remove the pace, reduce the skill/ability, increase the whinging/moaning, and you have Robbie Keane.

Ideally we'd go for someone with pace to complement Carroll (someone better than Lovenkrands) and stop opposition defenses from pushing up at will. Keane doesn't have that. But as we know, beggars can't be choosers...

from notw and it makes me wonder do they talk to each other there

this was in a taylor story (arry supposedly going to bid but taylor will probably stay)

"Robbie Keane looks set to make a switch to St James' Park, with a provisional £6million deal next summer being agreed if the Irish striker is a success."

and this agrees with the loan but no word of future fee

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/923605/KEANE-SET-FOR-MAGPIES-MOVE.html

Guest LJA0210

The Republic of Ireland skipper was in outstanding form in the Toon's pre-season games for Spurs

at what  point does line make sense?

I don't see why he wouldn't fit into the side because 'we're only playing 1 striker'. We're playing 4-4-2 now, there's no way in hell Nolan played in midfield against Villa and Wolves.

I don't see why he wouldn't fit into the side because 'we're only playing 1 striker'. We're playing 4-4-2 now, there's no way in hell Nolan played in midfield against Villa and Wolves.

where you playing ben arfa ?

Top of the diamond.

Top of the diamond.

desribe the other points of the diamond please cos routledge cant do it and i dont think jonas couls either.

No different to playing Barton and Smith, one of which sits back and the other tends to get the ball and stride forward.

I honestly think a midfield four of Routledge, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Jonas is a balanced, decent quartet. A flat front two of Keane and Carroll and we're laughing IMO.

i dont think routledge and jonas could giveenough defensivly to the midfield hence my idea of going for number.

carroll up front, ben arfa floating then barton, tiote in the middle then those two roister doisters out wide.