Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

Guest localhero87

I'd have him on loan, but not on a permanent deal. He'd cost too much for his age, current ability and goalhaul. Would be a very good loan signing though.

With Ben Arfa now here I'm actually fairly happy with the current squad as a whole once everyone is fit. Of course, we could have improvements but Keane won't vastly improve much. He is past his best, and last time I looked the Scottish Sunday League would love to have him back.

I agree that he's not good enough for our first team, but if we have the option, I'd rather see him sitting on the bench than Shola.

What?

Not that complicated like... Carroll and Ben Arfa playing off him would be my first choice forwards.

How, how can people seriously say hes not good enough for us, have you all been on mental pills or something :lol:

I have to say, some of the views on this forum are crazy if they don't think Keane would be a positive signing!

Damien Duff was a positive signing at the time, doesn't always work out.

But yeah I'd take him if it was on a loan, scores goals.

No he wasn´t, he was an completely unnecessary signing by Roeder. We had a really upcoming Zog that played really well and Roeder just bought him because he was available

Keane would be a perfect partner to Carroll or to take Nolans place. He would be a wonderful signing. Not saying he should play all the time because we now have the ability to play Ben Arfa in the same roll and Nolan as well that really has played well the last to games.

What goes around comes around I guess. didn't we get rid of Sir Les for £6mil because it was 'too good a deal to turn down for a 30yr old' and now we're getting one in from the club we sold Les to.  :frantic:

I rate Keane and would like to see him play alongside Carroll. Hate his poncy goal celebration, but I guess I could live with it if he's wearing a black and white top.

How, how can people seriously say hes not good enough for us, have you all been on mental pills or something :lol:

I have to say, some of the views on this forum are crazy if they don't think Keane would be a positive signing!

Damien Duff was a positive signing at the time, doesn't always work out.

But yeah I'd take him if it was on a loan, scores goals.

No he wasn´t, he was an completely unnecessary signing by Roeder. We had a really upcoming Zog that played really well and Roeder just bought him because he was available

Keane would be a perfect partner to Carroll or to take Nolans place. He would be a wonderful signing. Not saying he should play all the time because we now have the ability to play Ben Arfa in the same roll and Nolan as well that really has played well the last to games.

I sort of agree with this. Keane will make a great partner for Carroll but it's difficult to see how Hughton can fit HBA into the same team unless he plays him on the wing. As far as I understand it, HBA was promised a central role by Hughton so I can see a potential flashpoint already for our young French hothead.

If we get Keane I could see us playing

home:

Harper

Perch Willywonka Colo Enrique

HBA Barton Tiote/Smith Jonas

Keane Carroll

Away.

Harper

Perch Willywonka Colo Enrique

HBA Barton Tiote/Smith Jonas

Nolan

Carroll.

I think Routledge of the bench would be a great option as he would provide so much in the last 20-25 minutes when fresh.

And i cant see us benching Jonas with his play with Enrique being so good.

Gosling must wonder what he was doing. He'll be well down the pecking order when he recovers.....the squad will just be too big if Keane comes in.

Gosling still young, and there¨'ll be injuries he'll get plenty of playing time.

Routledge has done nothing, absolutely nothing to get dropped to the bench.

Honestly, no one in this team except Harper and Perch have in my opinion. But there is no doubt that Enrique is so much better with Jonas and HBA is a better player than Routledge if ou have seen him, then again HBA needs to adapt, but he'll never sit n the bench.

Gosling must wonder what he was doing. He'll be well down the pecking order when he recovers.....the squad will just be too big if Keane comes in.

Squad too big? Are you serious? :lol:

Its massive man, especially in midfield and up front. CM we have Barton, Ben Arfa, Nolan, Guthrie, Smith, Tiote, Gosling, Vuckic (8) and with Keane there'll be Carroll, Keane, Best, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Xisco, Ranger (7)

Squad too big? Are you serious? :lol:

The idea of having actual competition and a subs bench with quality on clearly alien to some. It's not happened here for ages so maybe fair enough.

Routledge has done nothing, absolutely nothing to get dropped to the bench.

Honestly, no one in this team except Harper and Perch have in my opinion. But there is no doubt that Enrique is so much better with Jonas and HBA is a better player than Routledge if ou have seen him, then again HBA needs to adapt, but he'll never sit n the bench.

I was just wanting to say - Hugthon should drop someone else than Routledge. We will see who's gonna be on the bench, but I'm very much sure that it won't be Routledge.