Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

carroll up front, ben arfa floating then barton, tiote in the middle then those two roister doisters out wide.

... Is what Hughton will play.

I know Jon will jump on this but I can't see Hughton not playing Nolan. Not for at least a good few games without a goal.

Guest localhero87

With Ben Arfa now here I'm actually fairly happy with the current squad as a whole once everyone is fit. Of course, we could have improvements but Keane won't vastly improve much. He is past his best, and last time I looked the Scottish Sunday League would love to have him back.

carroll up front, ben arfa floating then barton, tiote in the middle then those two roister doisters out wide.

hope so but many are thinking he HAS to play nolan.

edit ...i dont think that'll be the line up for blackpool but what he's planning for the medium to long term.

I know Jon will jump on this but I can't see Hughton not playing Nolan. Not for at least a good few games without a goal.

You're correct, I trust Hughton to drop Nolan when he deserves it (that does include players massively impressing in training).

As has been mentioned so many times, people said the same about Nicky Butt last season... I think Hughton realises that he simply has to start his strongest XI every week, and as the season goes on I think he will use Nolan more as an impact player if we're in need of a goal. I'm pretty sure Ben Arfa has been told that the position in the "hole" is his (based on his quotes saying that Hughton understood what kind of player he was) and that played a big part in him wanting to come here.

With Ben Arfa now here I'm actually fairly happy with the current squad as a whole once everyone is fit. Of course, we could have improvements but Keane won't vastly improve much. He is past his best, and last time I looked the Scottish Sunday League would love to have him back.

I agree that he's not good enough for our first team, but if we have the option, I'd rather see him sitting on the bench than Shola.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I can seriously see us getting keano this window and our ambitions will quadruple not just survival but top half with robbie keane

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I agree that he's not good enough for our first team, but if we have the option, I'd rather see him sitting on the bench than Shola.

What?

How, how can people seriously say hes not good enough for us, have you all been on mental pills or something :lol:

I have to say, some of the views on this forum are crazy if they don't think Keane would be a positive signing!

How, how can people seriously say hes not good enough for us, have you all been on mental pills or something :lol:

I have to say, some of the views on this forum are crazy if they don't think Keane would be a positive signing!

Damien Duff was a positive signing at the time, doesn't always work out.

But yeah I'd take him if it was on a loan, scores goals.

All I know is the only out and out decent striker we have is Andy boy. Says it all.

It would be a loan with an option to buy.  Keane would be ok with that but would prefer returning to Celtic.  Celtic haven't offered as much as the loan fee + option figure from Newcastle, Spurs won't agree a deal with Celtic until they match Newcastle's total offer.

Looks very much like a last day deal.  My guess is that Celtic won't come up with extra money and Keane will go to Newcastle on loan, but that's only a guess.  Highly unlikely he'll stay at Spurs though, even if Crouch is injured, that's what I heard.