Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

I've never seen such a biased game from a ref, how were there only 7 yellows for Wolves and no reds?? No doubt Motd will say we were the lucky ones somehow? Even the live commentary was so anti-nufc I had to mute it. F**king tossers!! What a shite way to play a football match, the Netherlands would be proud!

Altwell and his assistants an outright embarrassment, Wolves played like thugs and our lot got sucked into it and started fouling like bloody idiots. Had more than enough chances to win it in the first half, Wolves had a stone-wall penalty not given in the second. Will take a decent point away from home after that.

Guest neesy111

Is Barton targeted ?

Yes.

I hope Mick McCarthy dies a painful death after the way he got his team to play today.

Deserved point.

We were better in the first half but just couldn't score. Got very lucky with their pen shout in the second then scored a goal without really deserving it.

Played well to end the match but I thought they defended decently and deserved a point as well.

All in all, a positive step.

Onwards and upwards. Lets smack Blackpool.

Ps. We're playing with a lot of energy which is really nice to see. Our start was the most positive i've seen in a long time, and our equaliser was pretty much down to how mentally strong we are after last season.

If we continue to fight, I don't see why we can't push on and maybe get a midtable position.

Our team is currently set up very well; our wingers are quick and will cause everyone trouble, carroll is a beast up front and our center mid is starting to show some bite and energy.

Referee refused to let the game flow and lacked the courage to send their dirty players off.  The Wolves players must have realized that after their eighth rugby tackle on Barton.  Spineless little shit of a ref, hope we don't get him ever again.  And then the guy commentating has a go at Barton for getting frustrated.  Comical. 

Having said that, great point.

Is Barton targeted ?

It was one of the many disgraces going on out there. And then he gets a booked late on.

As someone else pointed out, had he committed a lot of the challenges made on him, he's have been sent off a few times over.

Guest firetotheworks

I've never seen such a biased game from a ref, how were there only 7 yellows for Wolves and no reds?? No doubt Motd will say we were the lucky ones somehow? Even the live commentary was so anti-nufc I had to mute it. F**king tossers!! What a s**** way to play a football match, the Netherlands would be proud!

The ref wasn't biased. He was shit for both teams. They should have had a penalty.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if CH will say out about the ref or will he show his class once again & not even mention him.

Hughton should slag him off privately.