Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Frustrating end to the game because I really felt it was there to be won and we went and took Carroll off which pretty much ruined any chance of us scoring.

All in all though it's very positive stuff for me. We were much the better side and played some alright stuff at times, if we could get a player who actually contributes something to the team in there instead of Nolan we'd actually be very good to watch I reckon.

Shame Barton went and got himself booked at the end, did a great job for 94 minutes of getting on with it in the face of some atrocious treatment from a very dirty Wolves side.

Another good performance though, had you offered 4 points from the first 3 games we had then there's nobody who'd have refused.

I also thought that we deserved more, they got their goal completely against run of play and chances...typical..

Dirty game and a poijnt well fought at end..ref was comical. can't really say too much about players as stream was awful, needed to concentrate just to get a grasp of game...

Is Barton targeted ?

Easily fouled 6 or 7 times.  Sttas say wolves committed 20, I think at least 15 of those were on smith/barton/nolan.  It was their smalltime gameplan to try and throw their game off, have to say it worked.  Shouldn't have, but did.

Obvious that their plan was to wind up Barton.

I thought offensively the game bypasses our central midfield. Our attacks pretty much came from long balls to Carroll or our wingers making runs and creating space, which they both did very well.

Maybe when we get tiote on, we'll be able to pass it on the ground out of midfield more often. Having ben arfa's pace and skill should also create more space for our other players.

Best week as a supporter in god knows how long.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Is Barton targeted ?

Yes.

I hope Mick McCarthy dies a painful death after the way he got his team to play today.

Fair play to Barton he has to get used to that because i'm sure he'll get the same against other teams I'm looking forward to seeing the new CM Tiote

McCarthy is an utter utter c*** for storming over to Barton there at full time.

He's got a fucking nerve. Joey Barton has been a saint today in comparison to how he was targetted. fucking disgusting.