Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Shearer is not a wanker.

Barton deserves shit for the rest of his career.

Happy now?

Sounds like somebody has an emotional attachment clouding what little judgement he has http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/sorry.gif

To be fair, I called Shearer a wanker on a previous page and was shot down for calling him one.

I only wrote the above as I spat my dummy out as everyone seems to feel the need to back up every thing Shearer does or says.

I stand by my opinion that Shearer was wank as our manager, the way he handled Barton was clearly from the Souness book of man-management. He's wank at his TV pundit role too. When I've met him in the past the bloke has come across as a wanker too.

Good player mind.

Actually, I dont know why i'm replying to you, as I'm not that bothered about your opinion of me.

Barton did well not to kick off with the tossers that were fouling him.

I was only able to watch half the match on a stopstart stream with the Spurs-Wigan commentary, so I can't offer too many enlightening opinions on the match. Still, I'm fairly pleased with the result. A draw at the Molinuex is a decent point for the bottom 12 teams in this league. What I like about us right now is that we seem very competitive. Thelack of options in attack is worrisome though. Carroll's gotten off to a good start, but cannot be relied on to carry the team at this stage in his career.

Guest optimistic nit

You can't just generalize like that.  Each sending off is different.  I'm pointing out what I see as the reasoning behind the Barton incident - both before and after.

Seems like you're clutching at straws.

If I'm clutching at straws then you'll no doubt have proof about Shearer's part in Barton being sent off against Liverpool.

Educated guess.  Believe whatever you want to.  Believe that our messiah was cruely struck down by a single player getting a needless red card, and if that hadn't happened we'd have avoided relegation all because of Alan Shearer...  Or beleive that he was compeltely out of his depth.  He couldn't swim to begin with.  He was a fan in charge of the club and that's the worst situation to be in.  He was making decisions, not based on cold hard logic, but around emotions.  Barton got sent off and he acted like a fucking fanboy.  Again, it's not exactly a massive leap to assume Barton wasn't totally comfortable with the messiahs 'management' and he vented his frustration. 

I know I'm right :smug:

the idea that you can judge someone is out of his depth after 8 games is right in the top 5 percent of retarded things said on this forum. was an impossible situation, and he didn't have a magic want, simple as.

8 games is enough when it's glaringly obvious.

After 8 games, based on things you've heard and some stuff you've seen on the pitch and made judgments on you believe you can know 100% that Shearer was inept and that he caused various incidents (Bartons sending off ect)? :nope:

IMO his biggest mistake was taking the job with only 8 games left (though he would have been vilified by some had he turned it down).  Having said that I'm sure he made other mistakes and I in no way believe he's a good manager.  He could be perhaps, nobody here can judge with any real accuracy.  We'd have to have been their with him over the course of those 8 games to have any chance of doing that.

the way he handled Barton was clearly from the Souness book of man-management.

What about the way he handled Oba after he pulled out from the squad in the morning of the stoke match? Didn't react like a souness, to me.

You say that Shearer came across as a "wanker" when you saw him in real life, but how do we know that you haven't got some kind of inferiority complex?

I remember you from the old HTT board, you've always had it in for Shearer as a person, tbh. (I'm sure Shearer's not what you'd call a genuine nice guy, but you lot make him sound like he's the anti-christ or something.)

Guest jeffers09

Havent really read this thread but enjoyed the game thought we were the better team,was always confident they wouldnt score another was unlucky not to get the win  :thup:

also felt the atmosphere was quite decent

Guest localhero87

the way he handled Barton was clearly from the Souness book of man-management.

What about the way he handled Oba after he pulled out from the squad in the morning of the stoke match? Didn't react like a souness, to me.

You say that Shearer came across as a "w*****" when you saw him in real life, but how do we know that you haven't got some kind of inferiority complex?

I remember you from the old HTT board, you've always had it in for Shearer as a person, tbh. (I'm sure Shearer's not what you'd call a genuine nice guy, but you lot make him sound like he's the anti-christ or something.)

He's the best striker that has been born in England for about 40 years, and the best premiership striker of all time. I don't care what he's like as a person, in my opinion as a 24 year old he's the best player to ever have played for Newcastle. Fuck the rest.