Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

IIRC correctly didn’t the bank take possession of the stadium and training ground at some point? 

Eh?? :kinnear:

“On 30 June last year, Newcastle's balance sheet showed their overdraft at Barclays Bank had leapt from less than £13m in 2008 to a whopping £47.87m by the end of their 2008-09 relegation season. Few lenders would be prepared to sustain this level of unsecured exposure to a Championship club and it appears Barclays took steps to reduce it. The following day, 1 July, a mortgage was registered assigning St James' Park, the club's training ground and academy centre to the bank, as well as all their intellectual property such as brand names and even Newcastle's "trade secrets", whatever they may be.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/02/newcastle-debt-banks

Assuming it wasn’t written by somebody else and he just put his name to it.

The figures don’t make a lot of sense. The overdraft was £20m? Ashley had to put in £25m last year to cover operating losses. An extra £30m for promotion means were running at loss of £15m before a ball has been kicked, then we spend £13m in the summer...does this mean Ashley has lent the club another £23m. Bringing the amount of money the club owes him to £159m!

I think it worth noting that (according to this blx article) Ashley chose to lend the club his own money to buy players rather than use his own money to pay off (some or all) of the overdraft. I can see no reason he’d chose the former unless he’s expecting to get this money back.

IIRC correctly didn’t the bank take possession of the stadium and training ground at some point? 

Still can't decide who I think is best, you or UV.

UV is class at this sh1t  :coolsmiley:

Guest malandro

Don't know if this has already been posted, nor where Martin Hardy gets his information from but quite interesting re new player salaries if accurate. NotW !

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/977802/ASHLEY-PLOUGHS-MORE-CASH-INTO-TOON.html

It makes me laugh. We’ve had years of people pontificating about how the club couldn’t keep on borrowing money. Yet that’s exactly what the club has been doing since Mr Ashley took over (the debt has now near enough doubled) and for some strange reason they’ve all gone very quiet on the subject.

Don't know if this has already been posted, nor where Martin Hardy gets his information from but quite interesting re new player salaries if accurate. NotW !

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/977802/ASHLEY-PLOUGHS-MORE-CASH-INTO-TOON.html

It makes me laugh. We’ve had years of people pontificating about how the club couldn’t keep on borrowing money. Yet that’s exactly what the club has been doing since Mr Ashley took over (the debt has now near enough doubled) and for some strange reason they’ve all gone very quiet on the subject.

We'd be a bit fucked if we didn't. At least this time we have an owner who apparently has funds to put his own money in interest free rather than be beholden solely to the banks.

It makes me laugh. Weve had years of people pontificating about how the club couldnt keep on borrowing money. Yet thats exactly what the club has been doing since Mr Ashley took over (the debt has now near enough doubled) and for some strange reason theyve all goe very quiet on the subject.

:lol:

How would you know, having only in February introduced us to your distinctive brand of misery-mongering?

It makes me laugh. Weve had years of people pontificating about how the club couldnt keep on borrowing money. Yet thats exactly what the club has been doing since Mr Ashley took over (the debt has now near enough doubled) and for some strange reason theyve all gone very quiet on the subject.

How would you know, having only in February introduced us to your distinctive brand of misery-mongering?

Are you suggesting that malandro has been here before? :yikes:

It seems incredible, but perhaps it is true. :whistle:

It makes me laugh. Weve had years of people pontificating about how the club couldnt keep on borrowing money. Yet thats exactly what the club has been doing since Mr Ashley took over (the debt has now near enough doubled) and for some strange reason theyve all gone very quiet on the subject.

Double :yikes: :yikes:

Double :yikes: :yikes:

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Ashley was at the training ground yesterday.... I genuinely want to see him with the fans at some point just like before the Keegan saga.....

I'd prefer to see him in a coffin.

Which coincidently would probably be the consequence of such actions.

Ashley was at the training ground yesterday.... I genuinely want to see him with the fans at some point just like before the Keegan saga.....

i dont.

its his fault we didnt get world cup

I'd prefer to see him in a coffin.

Crumpy, Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future!