Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

So Hughton has signed Ben Arfa as a lefty who can also play in other positions.

He didn't really say that:

"He's a very, very gifted footballer who can play anywhere across the forward line. Predominately most would have seen him play on the left - he's a left-footed player - but he can play off the front and also on the right-hand side. He's certainly a gifted player with the ball."

Newcastle v Blackpool

I have to go home win here.

The six Newcastle scored against Aston Villa in their last home match will rev up the crowd and I expect them to approach this match as one they think they can win.

Blackpool, on the other hand, are a worry. After a great result on the opening day of the season they have started to ship goals all over the place - I mean, even League One side MK Dons put four past them in the Carling Cup recently.

That can't be allowed to continue - but they may struggle at St James' Park this weekend nonetheless.

Prediction: 2-1

:frantic:

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Possible starting XIs

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Coloccini, Campbell, Enrique, Gutierrez, Smith, Barton, Ben Arfa, Nolan, Carroll.

Guest Roger Kint

Possible starting XIs

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Coloccini, Campbell, Enrique, Gutierrez, Smith, Barton, Ben Arfa, Nolan, Carroll.

No chance

Guest Roger Kint

Don't see any reason why would change the starting 11, barring injuries.

Exactly. Same line up, workrate and attitude as the past two games and we will do fine before introducing the new lads with 25/30 mins to go.

There's no logic in dropping Williamson, and Routledge has been good so far, so I can't see why that would be the case (unless there are some injury concerns).

If Carroll is ruled out, who will we start with up top?  Surely we can't start Ameobi and Nolan, that would be madness!

Given Blackpool's lack of pace (in comparison), it would be good to see something like the following:

Routledge  [centre midfielder]  Barton  Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands

I actually think we might see a surprise:

Harper

Perch       Colo        Williamson      Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Routledge                                     Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

2-0

It'll be the same line up for sure. Ben Arfa will come on at some point and Tiote might if we've got a lead we're holding on to. I am genuinely worried about this game. This was one of our ear marked "must win" games but Blackpool are one of those awkward, unpredictable sides and I can see it being a real struggle.

Going to be a bit embarrassing for whoever thought of the "only members can buy tickets in the corner" scheme if the whole ground is sold out and massive empty gaps in the corner.

It'll be tragic if comes to the club turning people away just because they aren't members when there are seats to fill.

Going to be a bit embarrassing for whoever thought of the "only members can buy tickets in the corner" scheme if the whole ground is sold out and massive empty gaps in the corner.

It'll be tragic if comes to the club turning people away just because they aren't members when there are seats to fill.

If the club continue to lose revenue in the corner, you'd guess they will soon stop the scheme.

Guest Roger Kint

Cant people just buy a membership? It costs nothing in effect so where is the real harm? Whatever the silly reason of it anyone claiming its stopping them going is daft tbh.

Cant people just buy a membership? It costs nothing in effect so where is the real harm? Whatever the silly reason of it anyone claiming its stopping them going is daft tbh.

But why can't it be as simple as going down to the box office and buying a ticket.

Here is the team I would play:

Big Steve Harper

Big James Perch   Big Gay Sol    Coloccini   Big Jose Enrique

Big Cheick Tiote   Big Joey Barton

Routledge                     Big Ben Arfa                  Jonas

Angel of the North

4-1.

Guest Roger Kint

But why can't it be as simple as going down to the box office and buying a ticket.

Is buying a membership really that difficult? Or for that matter is reading where i said it was a silly idea in the first place? iirc £20 membership gets you £25 off matches, hardly a major issue to anyone is it?

When I looked online the corner was greyed out for this one yet for a fixture in a few weeks there were seats availible so I assume it was grayed out because it's sold out.

Ring the box office up and order them that way, become a member for £20 for the season.

Is buying a membership really that difficult? Or for that matter is reading where i said it was a silly idea in the first place? iirc £20 membership gets you £25 off matches, hardly a major issue to anyone is it?

Yeh its not difficult at all and its a good deal for someone who wants to go to 5 matches. But people who come here for one game a season and like to sit up there its not good at all or even an old gadgy who wants to sit up there is going to be put off when they mention buying a membership .