Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

Olly....

Hair today, England tomorrow?

We are back in Premier League action at Newcastle next week and people keep asking me how we will stop Andy Carroll. Simple, step on his hair.

On a serous note, what a good player he is looking, and he's got to be close to an England call-up.

Carroll is an old-fashioned No 9, and I don't mean that with any disrespect. He can head it, he is strong, he is a threat when the ball is crossed into the box, getting his barnet or his foot on the end of it.

That is a classic English centre forward for me. They are a dying breed and it is brilliant to see him doing so well.

Hopefully he won't do so well when we play them. But who knows? They beat us 4-1 last season in the Championship so we've got to improve big time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-holloway-we-all-went-off-to-latvia-and-played-terribly-2070716.html

I like Holloway, and hope he does well this season at Blackpool. He said what thousands of football fans were thinking last seaosn when Blackpool were promoted, and he backed his lads all the way. Got massive rspect for him.

I like Holloway, and hope he does well this season at Blackpool. He said what thousands of football fans were thinking last seaosn when Blackpool were promoted, and he backed his lads all the way. Got massive rspect for him.

I don't.

I don't.

Nor do I.

Still got a lot of time for Holloway.

I don't.

Nor do I.

Still got a lot of time for Holloway.

Put it this way, I'd far rather Wigan, West Ham and West Brom went back down.

Was the pitch ever narrowed by the way? Didn't notice any significant difference against Aston Villa.

Dunno about narrowed but it was definately shortened prior to last seasons Championship Campaign. If you look at the goals and corner flags you can see where the byline and corner flags were beforehand, was shortened by about a yard.

Dunno whether it's been put back to the way it was as i wasn't here for the Villa game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was the pitch ever narrowed by the way? Didn't notice any significant difference against Aston Villa.

Dunno about narrowed but it was definately shortened prior to last seasons Championship Campaign. If you look at the goals and corner flags you can see where the byline and corner flags were beforehand, was shortened by about a yard.

Dunno whether it's been put back to the way it was as i wasn't here for the Villa game.

Aye things are different from last season's markings, but I can tell if its to allow the wings to grow back in, or if its been shortened by a yard all over.

God I hate the international break, it seems to drag on interminably and without the speculation of a transfer window. :(

If everything goes according to plan, (that would be my plan), we'll win very comfortably by at least 3 goals.

Guest johnson293

Just been online and bought tickets for me and the bairn for saturdays match!

His first ever match was Blackpool last season, and his 2nd was the Villa match, so he thinks he's the lucky mascot now!!!  :aww:

Not gonna predict a result, as I hoped we'd beat Villa 3-1!  :kasper:

Just hope it's another good game/result for the little 'un!!!

Overly excited for this game noe, been bloody ages. Feeling a 3-1 Carroll, Ben Arfa and...............Smith. Bringing about the end of the world as we know it :D

would be great if smith scored everyone just stood still in silence.

Smith doesn't even want to score any more, that instance in the Villa match where he won the ball near the edge of the box, space to run into and he just turned away. Bet he was so glad when dragged down on that break as well. :lol: