Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

Christ, has Skirge been taking tablets to level himself out? The least Skirge-tastic formation ever that, it's actually plausible and sensible. :lol:

I have decided not to be creative this season.. shame though coz I had a cracking 2-3-3-2 lined up

--------------Harper

Perch----Willi----Colo----Jose

Rout----Nolan---Bart---Jonas

---------HBA

-----------------Carroll

I'd probably go with this too. With the possible exception of Nolan. I'm not sure Nolan is mobile enough for that position. He's a good player, works hard, brave,  positionally fantastic and great when he's scoring. Against Wolves he should have had a couple but hit all of his shots straight at the keeper.

Carroll is the main man up front and surely we need a playmaker with pace and skill just behind him (hopefully ben arfa fits the bill here).

CH has some tough decisions to make. Campbell wants to play, HBA has to play (at some point) you would think as its a perfect debut game for him, no idea about Tiote (its a CH judgement call) but assuming he doesn't play, he still has to drop one of Smith, Barton or Nolan to accomodate HBA. Smith has improved so far this season, Barton's playing too well to drop really in his role.

First must-win of the season. Daft how nervous i am in comparison to the same fixture last season. We steam-rollered them at an absolute canter a few months back. They were no more difficult than the likes of Scunthorpe.

It'd be typical for them to spring a surprise. It's absolutely imperative that we remain focused. In the past i wouldn't have faith in the squad to keep from falling complacent... but i think Hughton will keep the squad well drilled. It's a fantastic opportunity to put on a real show with the new signings.

But i think it'll be a cagey 1-0. Which would be great.

The Scunthorpe who won 2-1 or the Scunthorpe who lost 3-0?

First must-win of the season. Daft how nervous i am in comparison to the same fixture last season. We steam-rollered them at an absolute canter a few months back. They were no more difficult than the likes of Scunthorpe.

It'd be typical for them to spring a surprise. It's absolutely imperative that we remain focused. In the past i wouldn't have faith in the squad to keep from falling complacent... but i think Hughton will keep the squad well drilled. It's a fantastic opportunity to put on a real show with the new signings.

But i think it'll be a cagey 1-0. Which would be great.

The Scunthorpe who won 2-1 or the Scunthorpe who lost 3-0?

The one that lost 3-0, obviously. ??? Just about the easiest league match i've ever seen at SJP.

Was the pitch ever narrowed by the way? Didn't notice any significant difference against Aston Villa.

It has - did you notice that the majority of the game was played in their half? ;)