Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

out of our relegation rivals, birmingham have got hleb, wigan have cleverley, stoke have gudjohnsen and west ham might get babel. none of these particularly please me.

We have Ben Arfa and Tiote

And Shola Ameobi and Leon Best.

out of our relegation rivals, birmingham have got hleb, wigan have cleverley, stoke have gudjohnsen and west ham might get babel. none of these particularly please me.

but most importantly, we have Hughton.  :snod:

but most importantly, we have Hughton.  :snod:

:clap2:

If we're comparing key signings, i think we've done better than all of them there. Birmingham and Stoke are never relegation rivals anyway.

I wouldn't put Birmingham or Stoke down as real relegation candidates, West Ham may get Babel but if they do they'll lose Cole and while I'm not happy about Wigan getting Cleverly at least they didn't get Ben Arfa! :lol:

Anyway, we seem to have gotten most of our first choice signings this window so that makes me much less bothered about the likes of Wigan signing a decent player.

I wouldn't put Birmingham or Stoke down as real relegation candidates, West Ham may get Babel but if they do they'll lose Cole and while I'm not happy about Wigan getting Cleverly at least they didn't get Ben Arfa! :lol:

Aye but the rest of their team and their manager is sheeeeeite

It's amazing that a manager like Redknapp can sit there and say words to the effect of "We're done. We're not signing anyone else" and SSN still go "OMG!!1 BABEL'S IN A HELICOPTER, SPURS MIGHT SIGN HIM!"

Not sure why so many people believe that Stoke aren't going to be in the relegation battle to be honest. They aren't that good and have to hope Jones doesn't turn out to be a failure.

Aye but the rest of their team and their manager is sheeeeeite

I agree, still I'd have prefered them not to sign him, like I said though he was our backup option, we got our first choice so I'm not that bothered.

Sky Sports News 'sources' talk complete rubbish, claiming that Southampton have approached Paul Hart (for the manager role) when I know for a fact that that's complete rubbish. Don't trust anything.  :facepalm:

ben arfa is much better than all those players i mentioned and i couldn't be happier with our business - its been exceptional. but ideally, those transfers still wouldn't have happened. as for brum and stoke..... i think anybody not in the top 8 could be perceived as relegation candidates. they're better than wigan and wham, but you just never know.

Brimingham and Stoke are not relegation rivals though tbh.

Agree on Brum (although they are a very average team, they get results), but Stoke are not mid tible certs at all. They have zero points at the moment, and there's not a lot of real quality in the squad, if teams have worked out how to handle their set pieces, they will struggle badly.

Not sure why so many people believe that Stoke aren't going to be in the relegation battle to be honest. They aren't that good and have to hope Jones doesn't turn out to be a failure.

Because in the two seasons they've been up they've always been reasonable comfortable on around 45+ points.  They have had a poor start so far this season and of course they could get dragged into it and could go down, but I wouldn't consider them as serious relegation candidates at the moment.

ben arfa is much better than all those players i mentioned and i couldn't be happier with our business - its been exceptional. but ideally, those transfers still wouldn't have happened. as for brum and stoke..... i think anybody not in the top 8 could be perceived as relegation candidates. they're better than wigan and wham, but you just never know.

Ben Arfa may have more raw talent, but in terms of making an immediate impact (i.e being able to settle in and not kicking up a fuss/being able to work hard), I'd rather have Cleverley. But then I'm massively biased.

Sky Sports News 'sources' talk complete rubbish, claiming that Southampton have approached Paul Hart (for the manager role) when I know for a fact that that's complete rubbish. Don't trust anything.  :facepalm:

What is it about Paul Hart, he keeps getting job, yet each and every time he fails badly, he's gradually moving down the league pyramid, but how anyone can think he'll suddenly become a good manager is beyond me.