Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

I was going to say that a few on Dave's list are exempt under the Premiership rules and therefore there is room for a couple more if any more business was going to be done today.....

I think the loan window remains open for a little while longer as well.

Just because there are spaces doesn't mean we can/want to afford the wages. Looking at it in a list like that I don't think we'll be bringing anyone else in unless we can find some desperate last-minute bids for our shite players.

If I was Hughton looking at your list I would be fairly satisfied to be honest.  And I agree with you in that we will probably only do some more business if any of those listed are away.

Really glad that Lua Lua is off to Brighton again, I think Poyet is a great coach and will only improve the player during his time down there!

Wouldn't have minded getting O'Hara tbh

How does WH pull these deals through, don't they have major problems with their economy?

Can't see O'Hara wanting to leave the South East though, his bird is pregnant and one of those wannabe WAGs so London is the only place he will be allowed to ply his trade!

O'Hara would be a bit of a pointless signing now anyway. Who would he replace in CM? We have Guthrie, Smith, Tiote and Barton battling for two 'traditional' CM places and then Nolan and Ben Arfa for the '2nd striker / link' role. Also got Gosling to come into that too when fit. Would rather any potential cash went elsewhere

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Smith out and a forward in hopefully.

We need to keep numbers, and Smith is a key man off the pitch for us. He's looked decent so far, so he'll be adequate backup until we can properly replace him

I want someone who can put the ball in the back of the f***ing net.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/18/article-1086947-02C26AF400000578-125_468x561.jpg

?

Not injury prone enough.

Guest Heneage

I want someone who can put the ball in the back of the f***ing net.

I give you your answer;

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2009/8/15/1250363282917/Shola-Ameobi-scores-his-t-001.jpgNote how this predator doesn't even look when he scores.

Guest GLENEAGLE

we definitely need a striker. If Carroll was missing for any match, we would simply be lacking. Ok we could prob use Lovenkrands and Ben Arfa behind him but we would have no height up front. Oh and Van Aanholt is a must also.