Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

The poll results are quite interesting in that they do not reflect the rage or dirt being dished up by the papers.

Could it be that the people who really are the best judges of this deal are us fans.

Why are so many people completely ignoring the fact Nolan was offered a very good deal to stay on, which he chose to decline?  We didn't kick him out on to the street ffs.

What West Ham offered Nolan was absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure he still can't believe his luck.  For us to offer the same thing would have been downright stupid and something straight out of the Freddy Shepherd school of business.

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

It's ultimately down to who you choose to believe. While you could argue that Nolan is old, slow, and offers little, apart from his goals, you really shouldn't undermine the importance he played as a captain, and apparently in the dressing room.

It's hard to put a fair price tag on the latter, but judging by Barton's comments/behaviour on twitter, and Enriques hesitation regadring his contract renewal, I firmly believe we lost a "Shearer"-figure in terms of leadership, and that is what's worrying me.In addition to the fact that most of the players we have seem allergic to scoring goals.

Based on the current regime's record of bringing in replacements and additional players, it's frightning to think of the negative impact and consequences this transfer can have on the remaining squad.

Obviously, no one is arguing the fact that getting £3,5 mill for a 29 yr old player of his "normal" calibre is a nice piece of business. Age-wise he's probably had his peak, but I still believe he could've played an important part for us in the coming season.

It's just that this is Newcastle and Mike Asley and Derek Llambas, and judging by, again, their previous action and the qoute above, I find it hard to believe Newcastle will have strengthen their squad come 1.September.

Mark Curtis, Nolan's agent is also Sam Allardyce's agent.

Speculative, but I would not be surprised if Nolan knew exactly what kind of money and length of deal West Ham were willing to offer when he went into negotiate his new deal...

It will be interesting to see how he does next season - there is a huge responsibility on his shoulders as West Ham seem to think he will guarantee them promotion.

He is now 2 years older than when we were in the Championship.  He has been bought in and appointed captain immediately and is obviously expected to galvanise the dressing room in the same way as he did with us.  However, he was already part of our team when we got relegated and was not jettisoned in over players already here and maybe some of the current West Ham players will resent that especially with what he is being paid.  They may also be wary of his close relationship with BSA.  I am sure Nolan can cope with the challenge and will do a good job but there is an awful lot expected of him.

Mark Curtis, Nolan's agent is also Sam Allardyce's agent.

Speculative, but I would not be surprised if Nolan knew exactly what kind of money and length of deal West Ham were willing to offer when he went into negotiate his new deal...

Got to say that's interesting. We can be pretty certain that he knew exactly what his options were.

Nolan had a choice, and he chose West Ham.

No hard feelings, he wanted the security.  We made the right call in not giving him a stupid contract.

Thanks for being a fantastic captain, a great leader, and for a hat-trick against the Mackems.  And good luck.

Now, let's move on and bring in someone better.

Just reflecting on how Nolan ended up here, him and Ryan Taylor came in after we sold Given and Zog. His goals were supposed to save us from relegation alongside a few other tired celebrity footballers but we still went down. That's because Joe Kinnear was the manager and Nolan fit his vision. So I guess those who love Nolan to the hilt also appreciate Kinnear and Fat Sam's vision of how the game should be played.

What? You've already stated that Nolan scored none and performed poorly amidst 'Kinnear's vision'. Nolan improved when we were clear of that wankstain and all the other celebrity skidmarks.

So you've basically contradicted yourself. Nolan scoring 30 goals after Kinnear fucked off means, by default, you 'appreciate Kinnear's way of playing the game'?

Nah. Seriously bizarre logic.

What? You've already stated that Nolan scored none and performed poorly amidst 'Kinnear's vision'. Nolan improved when we were clear of that wankstain and all the other celebrity skidmarks.

So you've basically contradicted yourself. Nolan scoring 30 goals after Kinnear fucked off means, by default, you 'appreciate Kinnear's way of playing the game'?

Why is it bizarre? Name me the managers who have gone out of their way to sign Nolan.

Just reflecting on how Nolan ended up here, him and Ryan Taylor came in after we sold Given and Zog. His goals were supposed to save us from relegation alongside a few other tired celebrity footballers but we still went down. That's because Joe Kinnear was the manager and Nolan fit his vision. So I guess those who love Nolan to the hilt also appreciate Kinnear and Fat Sam's vision of how the game should be played.

Or maybe Hughton's vision of how the game should be played helped Nolan become the player we all grew to love. He was terrible when Kinnear was here.

Why is it bizarre? Name me the managers who have gone out of their way to sign Nolan.

Ah i don't know what you're on about man.

Ah i don't know what you're on about man.

It's not a difficult question.

Honestly not sure why the majority of fans appear to be upset by the news. Nolan was puffing and panting his way through so much of last season, and as impressive as his final goal tally was, it is unlikely to be repeated and certainly doesn't reflect his abilities or performances for me personally. As integral as he was in the team spirit and battling mentality this team has(or had!), it is surely not worthy of the long length and big money contract he was obviously demanding. As blasphemous as it is, I'm actually proud of Ashley and co for going with a decision that would be frowned upon by the fans. Nothing more embarrassing than seeing this great club bullied into decisions.

It's the middle of June and we have already brought in one top class player, close to sealing another good move, and I for one am all for a new look squad and hopefully, a new playing style. Although the grass isn't always greener, I do want us to develop our style of play from the previous few seasons. Nolan, as much I like him and thank him for his efforts, doesn't fit into this re-development.

Honestly not sure why the majority of fans appear to be upset by the news. Nolan was puffing and panting his way through so much of last season, and as impressive as his final goal tally was, it is unlikely to be repeated and certainly doesn't reflect his abilities or performances for me personally. As integral as he was in the team spirit and battling mentality this team has(or had!), it is surely not worthy of the long length and big money contract he was obviously demanding. As blasphemous as it is, I'm actually proud of Ashley and co for going with a decision that would be frowned upon by the fans. Nothing more embarrassing than seeing this great club bullied into decisions.

It's the middle of June and we have already brought in one top class player, close to sealing another good move, and I for one am all for a new look squad and hopefully, a new playing style. Although the grass isn't always greener, I do want us to develop our style of play from the previous few seasons. Nolan, as much I like him and thank him for his efforts, doesn't fit into this re-development.

agreed, i'm enjoying the new approach. just so long as come transfer window closing time we have a good squad and signings. thats the key thing for me.

That must be the most retarded group i've ever seen :lol:

Some of the comments are embaracing, especialy the venom in which some of the Newcastle lot are responding.

EDIT:

This is something else like (explanation as to how West Ham are historicaly the bigger club):

Kris Quinn

did england not win a world cup with a squad that was very much dominated by west ham players? and subsequently, they were seen as one of the top teams in england for some time afterwards. last time i recall, world cups are a bit more important than any league or domestic competition. as i said, west ham have been a bigger club, not anymore. Don't go accusing people of 'talking shit' when your level of understanding is clearly marred by your own lack of intellectual competence.

18 hours ago