Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

There's absolutely bundles to thank him for if you ask me. Pretty well gutted that he's gone tbh; can't believe he's at fucking West Ham.

Oh well. Not irreplaceable but i fear for the impact this will have on the rest of the squad.

The fact that he's ended up at the hammers says a fair bit mind, but he should never get any grief when/if he comes back as a player. Terrible first six months, but pretty much Mr Newcastle ever since. Top fella. :thup:

If you believe that, fair play to you, but all we have is your word on that.

I don't really take Nolan's decision to take the offer of 5 years at a championship club as much evidence for it, if that's what you are implying, either.

Golfmag has been proven right in the past, I tend to believe him.

Have no problem with him at all, certainly hob nobs with people in the know and happily appreciate his nuggets when he drops 'em.

But knowing the terms of someones contract? Forgive me for finding that a little tougher to swallow.

Whilst I still don't agree with the transfer, I can understand the reasoning behind it for both the NUFC board and Nolan.

I've got no ill feelings towards Nolan mind so good luck to him. Thanks for the last two years, I shall miss the Chicken Dance.

Now that it's confirmed, would just like to repeat what I said last night really. Fantastic servant for the club and I definitely wish him all the best.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D4ETKzWKvpE/TZeORCVEuZI/AAAAAAAAAGs/sxZYolMydfY/s1600/toon+2.jpg

:icon_salut:

Agree. I will miss the chicken celebration. Wish him all the best, and big thanks for the goals against Sunderland,

Have no problem with him at all, certainly hob nobs with people in the know and happily appreciate his nuggets when he drops 'em.

But knowing the terms of someones contract? Forgive me for finding that a little tougher to swallow.

He knew the contract was coming 5 weeks before anybody else and the source of his information would have known the content.

Probably been mentioned but only just catching up now, and am trying to dissect the whole thing a bit further. Have there been any murmurings about his injury towards the back end of the season? I just can't help but feel there's a bit more to it than the contract situation. I'm honestly surprised that he's left; if someone had told me on the last day of the season that Nolan wouldn't be a Newcastle player come September, i'd have been stunned. I'd just be surprised that, especially Pardew, wouldn't be more keen to hang onto him unless there was something a bit more fundamental.

Maybe he's crocked? Either way, whether he is or not, and although he's going to be good for them in that division - the rumours surrounding the contract he's actually gained are ridicudonk. £50k-a-week plus all those add-ons? I thought the new g'avnas at the Spammers were trying to balance the books down there? Kinda putting all their eggs in one basket there. Not wishing any ill-doing to him (it's just a pity he's gone to such a rank club) - but i couldn't help but laugh if he actually is crocked and they're fucked over again.

But anyway. Big thanks to Kevin for his contribution over the past two years. Mr Newcastle isn't an inappropriate title if you ask me. I reckon i'd even put him at number 1 in the list of 'main people responsible for our return and consolidation in the PL'.

Guest johnson293

Talksport now: "For the good of football, this transfer shouldn't have been allowed to go through"

They're discussing whether West Ham can actually afford Nolan's future wages.

Guest VegasToon

Talksport now: "For the good of football, this transfer shouldn't have been allowed to go through"

If they don't get promoted next year, it could get very interesting for them. 

If ever there was a situation where someone could "do a Leeds", it's this.

Totally trust Golfmag on all of this like.

Surely there must be some latitude in the 'reducing costs' aspect of Pardew's remit though? Frankly, if 'reducing costs' means bringing in players like Ba, Cabeye for £4mil and selling Nolan when he's after 5 years at 55k, then Ashley is on the right track, surely?

If people take this 'reducing costs' at face value, why is the club just not bringining in cheap shite to replace Carroll, Nolan, etc. 'Reducing costs' could mean a number of things and not all of them negative.

Guest Heneage

A little gutted about this.

Maybe a little naive given how things have turned out but would really have hoped club and player would have found a way for him to stay one more season.

I think the club's offer of £55k until 2015 was more than fair.

Don't forget that part of AP's contract involves redducing our overall cost base.

Could that not mean just getting players like Smith off wages like 60k when he's 30 and contributing less than Nicky Butt.

Guest Antec

If ever there was a situation where someone could "do a Leeds", it's this.

They're gambling, no doubt about it

West Ham are Allardycing with death mind...

Our way of getting back up was keeping our best players, and adding cheap, young players who would be very good in that league (Simpson, Williamson & Routledge), whereas West Ham will be losing their main players, and adding aging ones on massive wages. Crazy.

Surely there must be some latitude in the 'reducing costs' aspect of Pardew's remit though? Frankly, if 'reducing costs' means bringing in players like Ba, Cabeye for £4mil and selling Nolan when he's after 5 years at 55k, then Ashley is on the right track, surely?

If people take this 'reducing costs' at face value, why is the club just not bringining in cheap shite to replace Carroll, Nolan, etc. 'Reducing costs' could mean a number of things and not all of them negative.

Precisely. If we are reducing costs by bringing in players like Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye then please keep reducing them.

Can't say I'm happy with this, I would have liked Nolan to have played for another season or two, but you can't blame him for going with the 5 year deal. I'll always remember him fondly for the Championship season and the memories of last season. He will always be a hero here for the Sunderland games as well. We've had our fair share of average players here over the years and some will say Nolan was one of them, but he fairly made an impact. Best of luck at West Ham Kev :clap:

Guest Heneage

West Ham are Allardycing with death mind...

Our way of getting back up was keeping our best players, and adding cheap, young players who would be very good in that league (Simpson, Williamson & Routledge), whereas West Ham will be losing their main players, and adding aging ones on massive wages. Crazy.

People forget out back 5 was rock solid for the majority of the season. We built it upon that I just wonder if the likes of Winston Reid and Faye really will give them that strength.

I'm also really curious to see how he deploys Nolan.

Precisely. If we are reducing costs by bringing in players like Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye then please keep reducing them.

That's without even factoring in that costs might actually need to be reduced.

Did well - best captain for Newcastle in the PL area bar Shearer and perhaps Lee.

If West Ham hypothetically offered us a swap of Ba and 4.5M for Nolan (let's forget the fact Ba was free for a second) I think most would have taken that - particularly as Ba is a circa-7M player. That's the way I'm thinking of this one.

Plus, most importantly there's no real difference of FIFA - both Nolan and Ba are 79...!