Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

So glad we didn't give him 4 or 5 years. Don't really care how it ended.

Players today aren't loyal. They'll leave in an instant for a bigger club or a bigger payday, regardless of where it leaves their current club. So why is the club held to a higher standard when dealing with aging players?

I would have been glad to have Nolan for one more year, maybe two, but certainly no more.

Fair enough but don't shake hands on a new deal.

Does seem mental the difference in which he treats his Sports Direct staff and Newcastle staff.

No, the problem is he treats Newcastle United as if it's his company.

I am not bothered about Nolan being sold, it was a good fee and he has been given what he wanted by the Hammers.. the problem is that he was a key player and club Captain to treat him in that manner is an utter disgrace and shows how they will be treating the rest of our quad. No wonder players like Jose want out, a top young player who is well worth a 6 year deal and those cunts show no respect.

Guest BooBoo

As a sensible guess, I'd say it was a deal for another two years but on the basis of taking a pay cut too.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We all knew this shit goes on. It's a shame though, our captain certainly didn't desere that.  :thdn:

It's become evident we're going to be spending very little this summer, with the sale of Routledge we're running into a profit for the summer. Now I've argued elsewhere about investment, or in our case the lack of it and the failure to spend the Carroll money and strangley enough it does not annoy me nearly as much as this sort of stuff. Why insiuate you're going to spend the Carroll money if you aren't? Why treat a manger you owe so much to with utter contempt? Why break a gentlemans agreement with your club captain? It's got nothing to do with football, it's got nothing to do with buisness, they're a series of cuntish acts that only a coward would commit. Courtesy and respect cost nothing, but these classless bastards quite clearly lack both.

I'm not a big fan of Nolan the static midfielder and will not miss him next season.  Having said that, his goals for us have been a massive plus and he deserved better than the treatment he received.  If he was offered a contract that was agreed then the club should have honoured it.  It's only a week since Enrique made similar claims and Nolan is basically backing him up, even if he is just repeating what has already been said.

I'm not a big fan of Nolan the static midfielder and will not miss him next season.  Having said that, his goals for us have been a massive plus and he deserved better than the treatment he received.  If he was offered a contract that was agreed then the club should have honoured it.  It's only a week since Enrique made similar claims and Nolan is basically backing him up, even if he is just repeating what has already been said.

:thup: :sadnod:

We'd still be stuck in the Championship now if it wasn't for Kevin Nolan imo.  Lying comes far too naturally to these people.

I guess from a management point of view it was essential they kept Nolan on-side for the remainder of last season.

Not saying I agree with "lying" to players like that, but I could understand if they had given him a rosier picture than reality and tried to fudge the issue a bit until the end of the season.

Doesn't look good when it comes out like this, obviously.

So you fob him off and say we'll discuss it at the end of the season when our future is clearer, you don't fucking lie to him.

You're clearly one of the soundest lads on this forum but I have no idea why you keep on looking for excuses for these wankers.

We can talk about how bad this is all day. These two pricks don't and won't give a shit. At least Freddy Shepherd had a conscience when he fucked up.

There isn't a football club on the planet that's made a success of lying to and shitting on their staff and fans, this is what worries me.  There's an argument that we've actually got quite lucky over the last 2 years but there's a good chance we'll come unstuck again if this is the way they insist on conducting themselves.

There isn't a football club on the planet that's made a success of lying to and shitting on their staff and fans, this is what worries me.  There's an argument that we've actually got quite lucky over the last 2 years but there's a good chance we'll come unstuck again if this is the way they insist on conducting themselves.

Yeh this is true, to go back to Shepherd example people would say "he's always backed his manager, he's given you loads to spend" true but it shouldn't deter from the manner in which he decided to spend, him buying/selling players, telling the manager who had to play and fucking Bobby off at a random point.

:thup:

I appreciate they've had plenty of shit back at times. Although, to be fair, it has usually been in response to them doing something heinous (Ashley and Mort were treat like heroes back at the beginning and they fucking lapped it up).

However, it just narks me how we should be having a fantastic time and building something special here with what is/was a very good core group of players/professionals and we're still tripping over our feet because of their attitude.

I don't understand why the fuck he bought us, basically. He's never shown any real ambition at all to make a success of things.

Again, I hate to be overly cynical but they do sometimes give a distinct hum of, "Oh it's all going a bit too well, better do something to remind them we're wankers" or "Oh, he's getting a bit too popular/powerful here, better get shot of him".

Again, I hate to be overly cynical but they do sometimes give a distinct hum of, "Oh it's all going a bit too well, better do something to remind them we're wankers" or "Oh, he's getting a bit too popular/powerful here, better get shot of him".

It bloody feels like it sometimes :lol:

It bloody feels like it sometimes :lol:

Certainly does...