Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

There isn't a football club on the planet that's made a success of lying to and shitting on their staff and fans, this is what worries me.  There's an argument that we've actually got quite lucky over the last 2 years but there's a good chance we'll come unstuck again if this is the way they insist on conducting themselves.

:thup:

I appreciate they've had plenty of shit back at times. Although, to be fair, it has usually been in response to them doing something heinous (Ashley and Mort were treat like heroes back at the beginning and they fucking lapped it up).

However, it just narks me how we should be having a fantastic time and building something special here with what is/was a very good core group of players/professionals and we're still tripping over our feet because of their attitude.

I don't understand why the fuck he bought us, basically. He's never shown any real ambition at all to make a success of things.

Basically, that. But what I can't understand is why you wouldn't want to make a real go of it and try and maximise your profit. Ashley's clearly being very cautious and trying not to spend any money in the hope we'll survive, so be it if it's by the skin of our teeth. That doesn't excuse the ridiculous way he seems to treat his employees. Let's face it, even if this was an "ordinary" business, there's no way in hell a boss, or his deputy, should be treating well respected top employees like that. Bottom line; the man is a prick who we're severely unlucky to be with and I can't wait until we're shot of him.

Wouldn't you agree that he was being pretty greedy wanting a new one when he already had a perfectly good one? Sure, he said he was ready to retire here, just like Barton has, but neither is ready to take a pay cut as they get older. Sounds like they want more money if anything, which doesn't benefit the club at all.

Wouldn't you agree that he was being pretty greedy wanting a new one when he already had a perfectly good one? Sure, he said he was ready to retire here, just like Barton has, but neither is ready to take a pay cut as they get older. Sounds like they want more money if anything, which doesn't benefit the club at all.

That's not what's being disputed here.

Hasn't Barton said a few times he'd be prepared to take a pay cut though...?

So you fob him off and say we'll discuss it at the end of the season when our future is clearer, you don't fucking lie to him.

Which is what's being disputed here.  What you're talking about has been debated a million times on here and isn't related to the latest quotes.

He wasn't getting any younger, but he'd just had the best season of his career and was the club captain. Look at it from his perspective.

PS: I understand the other point of view by the way, as Interpolic says it has been debated plenty in the past.

Yeah, but things like that are just conveniently ignored when it's a player people like and because everyone hates the clowns in charge.

So what, because he was getting old and was being greedy, he deserved to be lied to and treated like shit? :lol:

Yeah, but things like that are just conveniently ignored when it's a player people like and because everyone hates the clowns in charge.

This surely isn't a response to me? If it is it makes no sense :lol:

:lol:

No, it wasn't.

The point is that you don't say "Righteo Kev, £50k a week, 5 year deal, shake my hand and we'll sign it in the summer".  Then the summer comes and you offer him nothing of the sort.  Aside from all of the other considerable issues with conducting your business like this, players talk.  Similar to the fact that any good manager wouldn't touch us with a bargepole at the minute, players will hear stuff like this from respectable professionals like Kevin Nolan and decide it's not worth the hassle if they have the option of going to a club like Aston Villa or Everton or whoever.

Derek really is a dickhead.

http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/Group/200x200/2f74412f2b92dcffb78681ed651d767b.jpg

You whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Derek really is a dickhead.

http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/Group/200x200/2f74412f2b92dcffb78681ed651d767b.jpg

You whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

NSFW

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5826/dereck.jpg