Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

It's difficult to tell how Everton will line up as they'll obviously see us an entirely different beast to Man United. By far their most dangerous players are Arteta and Pinaar. It's not as simple as marking them out the game because they tend to float all over the place, particularly Arteta. Having said that Cahill has got into a rather annoying habit of notching against us however his movement and role in the team is far more predictable than the latter two.

I wouldn't surprised to see Fellani dropped back into midfield and Heitinga dropped back into defence to replace the suspect Distin, that would most likely see Yakubu up front with Cahill, who caused the Mancs all kinds of problems. If he's up for it we really need to stick Big Mike on him because there's no way Colo will be able to handle is physical presence. However Moyes does seem somewhat reluctant to play him due to his lack of effort which will see us breath a little easier.

For me there's no way we can compete in that midfield, not many can. Everton have dominated most this season and they are where they are due to a failure to convert dominance into goals, we need to hope for the same. However we need to think about weaknesses on the counter. The first is Hibbert. Arteta who seems to play on the right tends to drift inside a lot exposing Hibbert who although competent isn't great. If we can get Jonas and Jose to have a go down the flank I think we can get a bit of joy down that left hand side. Similarly Distin does not look confident at all. He's usually better than his Manc performance suggests but he's still more vulnerable than Jagielka. I have a feeling Moyes will drop Heitinga back into defence to replace him but that remains to be seen.  If this isn't the case we need Carroll to be as aggressive as possible, he didn't look up for it at all against Man United.

The biggest worry for me is our right hand side, frankly I can see Baines and Pinaar having a field day against Perch and I can see them targeting it as a particular weakness. Overall I think they will have far too much quality in the middle, we need to work our socks off and hope their recent trend of failing to capitalise on their possession continues.

Arteta doesn't play on the right. And although Hibbert is an easy target, defensively he's relatively solid actually. It's just getting forward he shows he has such little talent.

Just depends if it's one of those days. If so we'll dominate yet again and then draw 1-1. If we however attain a two-goal lead with more than half an hour to go, I can see it being 3 or 4*

*now that Geremi won't be given the freedom of Liverpool.

Did Arteta not start on the right? Pretty sure he started there and just floated around as he usually does with Osman filling his position when needs be.

Arteta hasn't played on the right for a long time. Best part of two years.

On Saturday he was playing in a fairly deep central position with Fellaini advanced and Cahill up front. In the second half Fellaini & Arteta swapped roles. Osman was on the right all game (but often went missing by drifting inside).

Arteta usually plays as a central play maker now rather than his early years with us when he was on the wing all the time.

Fair enough, it's why I asked. I just assumed that was the case because Heitinga and Osman appeared to the central pairing early on. Either way he's definelty your much dangerous player along with Pinaar.

Whether it's Osman or Arteta on the right Hibbert seemed to be exposed by them cutting inside and I think the left is our best chance of posing a threat.

Jesus Christ, my f***ing eyes.

Are you f***ing Wumming? Smith and Nolan still in the team? Both Wingers left out?!

You realise how s*** that team would be? How would it even work ffs.

f*** off.

Mentalist.

No need for the abuse, I'm entitled to my opinion, and you are entitled to disagree, but at least be civil.

It would end up like

Barton- Tiote- Nolan- Smith

when we get forced wider and not playing as narrow game as your formation

We need wide players. That's a very immobile midfield.

Theres very little between Nolan & Jonas as to who to drop for Arfa, I could understand either swap. I could also understand putting Jonas on the right to make it harder for Baines & Pieinar going forward. Surley Tiote will be in for Smith, but I trust Hughton.

Theres very little between Nolan & Jonas as to who to drop for Arfa, I could understand either swap. I could also understand putting Jonas on the right to make it harder for Baines & Pieinar going forward. Surley Tiote will be in for Smith, but I trust Hughton.

For me it's pretty easy who goes, based on two reasons.

1. Jonas is better than Nolan

2. Ben Arfa prefers to play in Nolans role rather than wide left. He also looked more comfortable when he had possession in the middle in his cameo against Blackpool.

We lost at home to Blackpool therefore the team must change.

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Tiote

Barton Smith

Nolan

Carroll Ben Arfa

But if Carroll needs a couple of weeks to let his ankle fully recover, play Shola.

I've got my fingers crossed for this.

I hope we can get a draw, but dosen't seem likely.

Harper

Raylor      Williamson      Colo       Enrique

Routledge    Tiote          Barton     Ben Arfa

Nolan 

Carroll

Give Ben Arfa the free role of drifting into attacking midfield/CF position when possible. Getting quite fed up with Jonas.

Guest Tall Striker

We lost at home to Blackpool therefore the team must change.

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Tiote

Barton Smith

Nolan

Carroll Ben Arfa

But if Carroll needs a couple of weeks to let his ankle fully recover, play Shola.

I've got my fingers crossed for this.

Talk about playing it narrow.

After last week we need to try this asap:

Harper

Taylor      Williamson      Colo      Enrique

Routledge    Tiote          Barton    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

We need more about us, this team can give us that. We need at least one of the forwards to be quick and skillfull (ben arfa). Our left side doesn't need tinkering with at all. Smith and Nolan just aren't up to Premiership standards however i know in my heart of hearts CH is not going to drop them unfortunately.

Harper

Taylor      Williamson      Colo       Enrique

Routledge    Tiote          Barton     Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

We need more about us, this team can give us that. We need at least one of the forwards to be quick and skillfull (ben arfa). Our left side doesn't need tinkering with at all. Smith and Nolan just aren't up to Premiership standards however i know in my heart of hearts CH is not going to drop them unfortunately.

Exactly this, seems inevitable that this will become our best team. With the possible exception of RB!

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Exactly this, seems inevitable that this will become our best team. With the possible exception of RB!

Really? Based upon what?

Guest Tall Striker

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Really? Based upon what?

Pure guesswork.

For all we know Tiote could either be the new Michael Essien or the new Amady Faye.

Guest sittingontheball

toptoon's lineup for me too! Nolan's going to play though, isn't he. Please no Smith!

Maybe best to hope that Tiote and Ben Arfa start and do well in the Chelsea game.

Tiote is poised to start the clash with Everton alongside Hatem Ben Arfa at Goodison Park on Saturday.

And he says his rapport with the French international is already blossoming. French-speaking Tiote said: “He has quickly become a good friend.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/09/15/cheik-tiote-set-to-make-mark-against-everton-72703-27272164/

Tiote is poised to start the clash with Everton alongside Hatem Ben Arfa at Goodison Park on Saturday.

And he says his rapport with the French international is already blossoming. French-speaking Tiote said: He has quickly become a good friend.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/09/15/cheik-tiote-set-to-make-mark-against-everton-72703-27272164/

Thought at the time when we chose this guy over Arevalo that this I wouldn't be surprised if the one of the reasons was to help Ben Arfa settle. Good management all round (signing two players who we needed and getting players who'd help each other settle in).

He has to fetch Ben Arfa into the starting lineup for this game and play him just behind Carroll and personally i'd start with Tiote aswell in place of Alan Smith is he's shite and immobile.

Ryan Taylor at right back aswell as Perch is simply not good enough.

And he says his rapport with the French international is already blossoming. French-speaking Tiote said: “He has quickly become a good friend.”

I love this...

I’ve had English coaches before, Steve McClaren at Twente for two years and then Sven-Goran Eriksson at the World Cup.

:bluestar: