Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Thought it was one of his better games in a while today. Was attacking the fullback again, rather than just running a bit and laying it back to santon each time.

That's a bad sign for Jonas I'm afraid :lol: He tried (and failed) to take on the fullback late in the game after they had equalized. I do like Jonas but going forward I think you'd have to give a more productive player his place in the team. Use him as a defensive winger closing out games, or  as an impact sub against tired legs if he can rediscover his dribbling form.

:)

The Wolves destroyer tbh. But apart from his goal, he was pretty poor.

He did try his best but most of his forward runs essentially came to nothing. Good thing we had Santon there - Davide was the focal point of attack on the left wing really.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4170008/Jonas-Gutierrez-Id-never-wail-about-life-here.html

Jonas: I’d never wail

Exclusive By STEVE BRENNER Published: Today at 00:09

JONAS GUTIERREZ is an Argentine Premier League star who would never go AWOL. 

Carlos Tevez may have given South Americans a bad name after his Munich mutiny.

But Newcastle winger Gutierrez is cut from a different cloth.

When the Toon cult hero runs out in the white-hot heat of today's Tyne-Wear derby crunch, he will be everything Tevez isn't.

He's passionate about his club, the area, its fans, the staff. He gives nothing but his all.

Perhaps Tev can learn something from his international pal.

Remember, this is a foreign star who has not only done a four-year stint at one club but actually, and amazingly, stuck with them during the nightmare of relegation.

You won't find Gutierrez with a grimace or grizzly frown slapped across his face.

By bringing his family over — his parents live in Newcastle while his sister is at University in Manchester — the 28-year-old has warmly embraced England.

This is no renegade who cannot wait to head back home.

Loyalty and desire go down well in these parts so it's no wonder a packed St James' Park will bounce to their feet every time he runs at the Sunderland defence this lunchtime.

So why has one favourite son of South America prospered while another has stumbled from one fury-invoking disaster to another?

Gutierrez told SunSport: "My brother is in Argentina but my sister is studying in Manchester and my parents are in Newcastle.

"They came to Spain with me when I was at Mallorca. It's not easy for your family when you leave South America so to have them with me in Spain and now here has been vital.

"I always wanted to play in England but to live in Spain first was the way to go, to make that first step away. The difference between here and Argentina is too great to cope with.

"The weather, the language is all a shock. For Carlos, his family hasn't been around, he has children back in Argentina.

"That is the problem for him. I text him now and then. He's a fantastic player. I can understand why he has had problems though.

"At times it has been hard here for me like when we got relegated. But if you go down you have to stay and bring them back up.

"My family love it here anyway. I can't speak Geordie though. It's impossible."

Gutierrez knows what this match means to the region and added: "Last season's 5-1 win at home was great for us but it was disappointing to concede in the last minute.

"I love the passion. The fans don't care if we play well or not. Three points is the aim.

"It's the same for the players. We know we have to win. Simple as that.

"Everyone I see in the street, all they say is that we have to win this game. But we are confident, even if their new manager has come in and done very well.

"In Argentina the derby I was involved with was Velez Sarsfield v San Lorenzo. It's not like River Plate v Boca but still one of the biggest derbies in Argentina.

"If you lose angry fans will go down to the training ground to complain. Luckily that never happened to me because we got good results.

"People die in South America at matches which just isn't right. The violence is wrong.

"Fans in England love football the same but channel their passion in a different way."

It's doubtful Gutierrez never has a smile on his face although a recent burglary at his mum's house in Argentina upset him.

He added: "My mum was shocked. Some football shirts I had given her were taken along with a computer and other things.

"Hopefully I will give her something new to put on the wall after the derby. My mum used to shout a lot at games but now she sits in the executive boxes she has to be quiet!"

That could be difficult today.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4170008/Jonas-Gutierrez-Id-never-wail-about-life-here.html

"Hopefully I will give her something new to put on the wall after the derby. My mum used to shout a lot at games but now she sits in the executive boxes she has to be quiet!"

That could be difficult today.

"VAMOS SPIDERMAN!"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xwB2kyf6HS4/TdpskIbEOnI/AAAAAAAABIs/jG9phN_RBt8/s200-p/Consuela_Family_Guy_Pink_by_djluckyremix.png

Maybe an obvious comment, but I think it helps him to have a threat (i.e., HBA) on the other side. The defence can just rotate to his side if he's the main out-ball.

That's been the case for ages, he's been victim of double or triple-teaming for the majority of his time here.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Maybe an obvious comment, but I think it helps him to have a threat (i.e., HBA) on the other side. The defence can just rotate to his side if he's the main out-ball.

That's been the case for ages, he's been victim of double or triple-teaming for the majority of his time here.

Phwoar!

Phwoar!

Oh yeah.

What's he on? 3 in all comps?

FFS. I predicted he'd have a productive season too.  :lol:

Think so. Shola scores agaisnt Mackems, Jonas scores against Wolves, now we just need 18 others.

jonas gutierrez ‏ @elgalgojonas

I dont want to be less than messi, i going to scored five the next game, just i need 8 penalty kicks, just in case i miss a few hahaha

:lol:

:smitten: