Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

While i agree with all the concerns over him the problem is there is no one else to bring in due to injuries he will have to start until next season.

I would actually consider changing to 4-3-3 and buy a attacking playmaker next season and look like this.....

http://this11.com/boards/abChz36ag8.jpg

I think we've been asking too much of him defensively, he seems reluctant to over commit going forward knowing he is expected to get back to protect our defence, would love to see him given a bit more freedom, but cannot see how given our current set up.

I think we've been asking too much of him defensively, he seems reluctant to over commit going forward knowing he is expected to get back to protect our defence, would love to see him given a bit more freedom, but cannot see how given our current set up.

Would agree with that :thup: his cover of Raylor was priceless at the start of the season lets not forget.

Yeah, I agree too.

He has just lost his speed. What happened to the Jonas who sprinted past Rooney at Old Trafford? This Jonas is so timid on the ball and can't go past his man anymore.

He looks laboured. The same way that Oba did after Gilmore's Groin in the relegation year or Ben Arfa at the start of this season. He gives a lot of effort, but when he runs it looks like he is carrying too much weight. He is distinctly lacking for acceleration and aggressiveness.

While i agree with all the concerns over him the problem is there is no one else to bring in due to injuries he will have to start until next season.

I would actually consider changing to 4-3-3 and buy a attacking playmaker next season and look like this.....

Looks descent, but we should use Cabaye in the offensive midfielder maybe?

Jonas needs to recapture his early-season form for this final stretch of the season.

I think all that playing as an extra fullback to cover for Raylor's utter shiteness has caught up with him.

Yep, would agree with that. To be honest I'm surprised he's still capable of putting in shifts like he did last night, the guy must be knackered. I'd be tempted to rest him for a few games if the alternative wasn't play Obertan.

Looks descent, but we should use Cabaye in the offensive midfielder maybe?

Option aswell, if thats the case the we would have to buy a different type of midfielder even so i think a more fluid formation next season will be needed.

Even if it means playing a 4-3-3 with Marveaux or Jonas in midfield with a sort of free role, 4-4-2 is fast becoming an outdated system in my view especially in european competition like the EL for example.

Anyway what is clear is Jonas is knackered and needs to be rested by unfortunatly we cant rest him lol.

Would fully support that formation. Need an extra body in midfield with skill. And I've had it with Jonas. Unless we start playing 3 CBs and wing backs he should be bound for the bench.

he done it under pardew with enrique behind him because he hasn't got a football brain hence he chases the ball and has crap positional sense.

He's so predictable. Receives the ball deep -> has 3 or 4 passing alternatives -> decides to run with it instead -> brings it down the left with two players on him -> somehow finds a way to cross it -> doesn't, does a few tricks back and forth instead -> now has 3 players on him -> surrounded, loses the ball.

http://i.imgur.com/3EFeb.jpg

Really frustrating how poor he's been since Enrique has left and he's not been in front of a full back that can defend. Seems to have been unable to attack pretty much since signing his new contract.

Thinking about it, if any one player sums up Pardews playng style it's Jonas, he's essentially sacrificed his flair to do a season long defensive "shift". I know we've done well this year but I wonder how many of our players actually enjoy their roles.

Really frustrating how poor he's been since Enrique has left and he's not been in front of a full back that can defend. Seems to have been unable to attack pretty much since signing his new contract.

Thinking about it, if any one player sums up Pardews playng style it's Jonas, he's essentially sacrificed his flair to do a season long defensive "shift". I know we've done well this year but I wonder how many of our players actually enjoy their roles.

he hasn't changed a jot since enrique was here, still closes our game down and spends more team with our left back than their right back like he did then.

he hasn't changed a jot since enrique was here, still closes our game down and spends more team with our left back than their right back like he did then.

We clearly have differing opinions on this because in my eyes he's nowhere near the player he was 12 months ago. He's always offered a lot of protection defensively but he still had a go himself, and his crossing had actually improved a lot as well. He just looks totally incapable of attacking at the moment. Pretty much since the Stoke game.

We clearly have differing opinions on this because in my eyes he's nowhere near the player he was 12 months ago. He's always offered a lot of protection defensively but he still had a go himself, and his crossing had actually improved a lot as well. He just looks totally incapable of attacking at the moment. Pretty much since the Stoke game.

it's quite possible in what he does with the ball. his positioning, lack of movement and closing our game down has been the same since about half way through his first season here.

Deserves great credit for today's first half display. Had the sole attacking and defensive responsibility for the entire left hand side of the field and still managed to create two fantastic chances. That pass for Cisse to go through was gorgeous and the cross for the goal wasn't bad either.

Had an excellent game today. I'm not too sure whether there's a long-term benefit him playing left-back but certainly at the minute I think he should play there, particularly if it means Ben Arfa and Cisse fit into the side.

Deserves great credit for today's first half display. Had the sole attacking and defensive responsibility for the entire left hand side of the field and still managed to create two fantastic chances. That pass for Cisse to go through was gorgeous and the cross for the goal wasn't bad either.

That pass was sublime. Been a while since we have seen quality like that.