Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Full back gives him a bit more space to run than on the wings.

Exactly which is why his dribbling and runs were more effective, today is an example why i have been saying for ages why Santon should never play on the wing.

Its a lot easier to attack from deeper positions for most unless you have very good attacking ability.

Which is why a lot of wingers are becoming fullbacks, quite convinced in years gone by Leighton Baines would have been a winger and by comparison a average one at that.

Unfortunately for Jonas though he's not good enough defensively as a fullback to play there consistently, was great today though.

Drives me crazy when he's asked to perform an attacking role but I've always been happy to have him almost anywhere else on the field.

:thup: He hasn't been an attacking player for a while but he still has his place, especially if he can keep up his current form.

Was looking for him to be shifted not that long ago, so to be a two faced wanker I think he will be an absolutely brilliant squad player next season. He has been brilliant the last few games.

I have doubts about him managing a season of playing most games but he could be bloody effective playing the odd game and coming off the bench in others.

Is there a chance he hasn't been fully fit or had a crisis of confidence or something earlier in the season, because his last 5-6 games hes looked more and more like the James of old, nothing short of excellent defensively and even getting past his man and putting in a cross (shite cross like) but still, chuffed that we seem to be seeing the best of him again.