Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Some sour buggers on this place tbh. Looking at the example of Kevin Nolan; another limited player imo who had some cracking moments. He'll get warmly remembered for giving a pasting to the mackems and along with him Jonas was a massive part of the reason we were promoted so easily. Why not be sad to see him go?

Some sour buggers on this place tbh. Looking at the example of Kevin Nolan; another limited player imo who had some cracking moments. He'll get warmly remembered for giving a pasting to the mackems and along with him Jonas was a massive part of the reason we were promoted so easily. Why not be sad to see him go?

Nee room for cult heroes on here. If you're not mint you're shite.

What about if you were very good but you cheated on a poster with an Argentine floozy so despite still being good it can't be stated anymore?

This thread should be so much more fun ...

Predictions on goals and assists by season's end for example.

I'm saying 4 goals and 5 assists, and becoming and another stick to flog the impotent Pardew with.

I'm saying 4 goals and 5 assists, and becoming and another stick to flog the impotent Pardew with.

Don't be silly. I think he'll be okay though, you'd think he was Amdy Faye from posts on here.

Don't be silly. I think he'll be okay though, you'd think he was Amdy Faye from posts on here.

I know, I know, wasn't being entirely serious.

However, I could see him having a few moments, and it being used to further castigate Pardew, which to be fair, I would be all in favour of.

Looking forward to the same when Shola leaves in June, him being loyal and likable and everything :lol:

There's no chance he's leaving man. We've been here before.

Fair enough, i think he will

There's just no chance Jesus will let that happen. There'll be 2 days before his contract is due to expire, talks with Remy will go south, Cisse will be off to the Middle East, and Shola will be sat there, eating his apple, ready to sign another 1 year extension for 10 quid a week.

He will leave, then we will re-sign him on a free at the beginning of the season.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit actually. This club :yao:

That's not at all true. I have never rated the bloke though (except for the Championship season, he was fine there), been saying for about two years that we needed to upgrade on him. Of course I wish him well, especially as he's going to Hughton who I like very much, but I'm not the least bit sad to see the back of him. Don't go to games, but if I were to come over and watch him play against us, I'd give him a warm welcome.

He's a great guy and was actually a big contributor in the promotion and then 5th placed season, probably playing more games than anybody over those 3 seasons.

I've fucking hated a lot of our players so its nice to feel like you like one of them when they leave. Admittedly helped by not being a 'greedy cunt' (aka NO-speak for good player being sold) but still quite sad to see a likeable character leave.

I'd still rather have him than shitebulb as well like.

He might get those stats if we'd loaned him to a League One club.

Love Gutierrez BTW so I'm not having a go at him.  Just saying he doesn't really get goals or assists, certainly not in this league.

I'll miss the bloke as a character and wish him well, but I can't say I'm unhappy because this means their's no chance of him being in our side again.

Really can't see what he's going to offer in a relegation scrap. The fact that he started 34 league games last season was one of the reasons why we finished 16th.

Will always have a lot of time for Jonas, though. He's a useful player for simply recycling possession and holding onto a lead. I appreciated his contribution to our promotion and subsequent consolidation in the Premier League. Now is the correct time to move him on.

How many times has he properly dived though, Ashley Young style? Not many, I don't think. He's languid, awkward and has an unorthodox running style - and forces a lot fouls because of this. He goes down very soft, without a doubt, but I don't think he really cons the ref that much.

How many times has he properly dived though, Ashley Young style? Not many, I don't think. He's languid, awkward and has an unorthodox running style - and forces a lot fouls because of this. He goes down very soft, without a doubt, but I don't think he really cons the ref that much.

:thup:

Even how shit he was last season is overstated given the position he was being played in, as a wide forward. I never saw him put in a poor performance in a central three.

Let's stick Anita in the position that Jonas played all season and see how he gets on. It's not fair to call him worse than shite when we've all known for years that even in the second tier, his attacking contribution was lacking in comparison to others, yet the manager was practically playing him up front all season.

Even how shit he was last season is overstated given the position he was being played in, as a wide forward. I never saw him put in a poor performance in a central three.

Let's stick Anita in the position that Jonas played all season and see how he gets on. It's not fair to call him worse than shite when we've all known for years that even in the second tier, his attacking contribution was lacking in comparison to others, yet the manager was practically playing him up front all season.

:thup: Blows my mind, that.

Even how s*** he was last season is overstated given the position he was being played in, as a wide forward. I never saw him put in a poor performance in a central three.

Let's stick Anita in the position that Jonas played all season and see how he gets on. It's not fair to call him worse than s**** when we've all known for years that even in the second tier, his attacking contribution was lacking in comparison to others, yet the manager was practically playing him up front all season.

I adored Jonas as part of a central three.

Just don't understand Pards man.

I still think Jonas was a better wide man than central midfielder. He was always a crap passer but his strength was the ability to run with the ball. Yeah he was good for a half dozen games or so as part of that three man midfield, but so too did Geremi, Butt & Barton in a very similar spell a few years earlier. Love Jonas, but he was never a central midfielder.