Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

You know, there's not enough sentiment left in the game. What harm to give him a few games? We've got absolutely nowt to play for.

He gets a pay bump and an extension on his contract I believe.

There was an interview with Jonas around Christmas / New Year time where he said the contract extension only kicks in if he plays something like 7 or 8 more games for us.

Funny you say that. Every single time I see an old lady knocked over or in some way intimidated by youths on Crimewatch it genuinely reminds me of Colo.

Can't believe you knocked that one in for me :lol:

Sorry Ron, I was sort of setting you up :blush:

:lol:

seems Lee has been told to get the message out

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  1m1 minute ago

Understand it will be down to John Carver and coaching staff whether Jonas plays this season. Board won't have an input on who plays. #nufc

Oh my god what a turd :lol:

Understand it will be down to John Carver and coaching staff whether Jonas plays this season. Board won't have an input on who plays. #nufc

Just like at Rangers eh, oh well good to know.

Just like at Rangers eh, oh well good to know.

Someone has been told porkies.

It'll be Carvers decision wether he plays or not IF he's made available to play by the board, and if it was ever true that he can get a new contract if he plays a certain number of games (or am I misremembering that being reported?) then he won't be made available.

He should be on the bench on Saturday- it will lift the croud so much. Just do it! We have f*** all to play for and no soul in the club. Will at least be emotional and nice for once

Bring him on for the 18th minute and take him off in the 19th :lol:

I am sure that if the contract thing is true that some agreement can be made between all parties so that if he plays the extension is not invoked.  I am sure that with everything that has happened to him that he is just ready to go back home. 

It is not out of the question that with such a small squad that he might be needed this season but other than an injury crisis, I can't imagine he would play as I don't think he is quite up to it anymore.  However, I would not be against a sentimental farewell appearance in the final home game of the season (providing we are safe).